Breakdown Cover

I have read the long post on this one further down the page and I noticed the Norwich Union deal that seemed to be on last year. I need to get some sort of breakdown cover in place as mine ran out yesterday. Whats the best deal at the moment? I do a lot of mileage and I need a good package really. I have for the last year had a VW breakdown plan which came free with the car. They have quoted me £135.00 for their package for the next two years. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rach :j

Comments

• mick307
    mick307 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Seen this on ebay, he he, actually its my advert!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7978186291&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

15% discount on offer to all, might be worth a look. I dont think i could beat your price from VW assist but you never know. Have a look at the ad and if youre interested drop me an email with some details of what level of cover they are offering and i'll see what i can do.

Mick
  • simonkirkland
    simonkirkland Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Mick,

I've sent you a PM with details for a quote....

thanks

Simon
    If at first you don't succeed... CHEAT...
  • chris73
    chris73 Posts: 364 Forumite
    I was a member of the RAC, and despite never calling them out for 6 years I found my premium had risen to £196. !!!!!! Turpin Wore a mask!!!!.

The AA offered similar cover for £140, but the cheapest I found was Autonational Rescue who covered two vehicles on their top level 'superservice' deal for just under £100.

With one vehicle - this is reduced to £63.00 a year, and you get 15 months cover for the price of 12 months! :T
  • simonkirkland
    simonkirkland Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I have been with autonational for 2 years and found them to be a good service and a reasonable price (as Chris73 said I paid £90 for full cover 2 vehicles with a 15mnth policy for the first year(ish))

I just want to see if there is anything cheaper out there...

does anyone know if this offer still applys (NU/RAC half price offer). I think I might phone up and try it when I get chance:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=4641&highlight=breakdown

Simon
    If at first you don't succeed... CHEAT...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure