IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Awareness Service (PAS) PCN

Comments

• johjames
    johjames Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    :rotfl: I'm saving it! Thanks so much for your assistance. i take it I just ignore the almost inevitable debt collection agency contacts?
  • johjames
    johjames Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February 2018 at 9:49PM
    Is their NonPOFA claim legitimate? It sounds unlikely to me.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    only a judge can decide that, but I believe so if the driver has not been divulged (until the judgment you wont get clarity, if it goes to court that is)
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    johjames wrote: »
    :rotfl: I'm saving it! Thanks so much for your assistance. i take it I just ignore the almost inevitable debt collection agency contacts?

That would work but it depends upon whether or not you are happy to have this hanging over you for some time. I always want to get things cancelled asap and letting them know that you are up to speed on the law is worthwhile and, of course, if you pursue a counter claim, you have evidence why they are misusing your data and owe you for inconvenience etc.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,561 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 February 2018 at 10:57PM
    1. Culled from KeithP's useful #2 link:
    How to get more information from the Parking Operator

Parking Operators like to hide any information from you such as copies of images they have taken, copies of letters they have sent, and any background information they may have you.

Word missing between 'have' and 'you'. 'From' or 'on', both possible, give very different meanings to the sentence.

2. Laughter at their comic book gropes for legalese and much inglorious mangling of English, viz 'This appeal has been considered in conjunction with the evidence gathered by the parking attendant, retrospective evidence you may of supplied could not be used in the appeal decision.

Verb 'to have', awol.
    You were supposed to stay around and settle via fisticuffs?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Sorry RedX, I'm not clear what you mean. Are you saying that their 'nonPOFA' claim is likely to not be legitimate or that it may be? Albeit a Judge would have the final say, which I do understand. Thanks again.
  • Thanks Guys Dad. Given that they're likely to ignore it anyway, as they're denying that they need to abide by POFA, I wasn't minded to do anything else. Having taken on board your advice though, I'll send your pithy response. Thanks again.
  • A fair way to settle this, which i'd be agreeable to :rotfl:
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,561 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Load your gloves, to meet them on equal terms.
    A touch of quicklime...
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    johjames wrote: »
    i take it I just ignore the almost inevitable debt collection agency contacts?
    Yes

See: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport