PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The soot she has just cleaned off fuddle.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Oh yes, I thought it was out of character for you NM. You've never said a bad word about anyone let alone comment that Heater has dirty windows. :D I forgot Hester has a dirty boater for a neighbour.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,242 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Fuddle don't mention pigeons round here - the Pigeon Association hold their annual show & sales weekend in Blackpool every January in the Winter Gardens. The town fills up with people carrying small brown cardboard boxes.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Thank you for your support, it's much appreciate.

Nursemaggie I'm sorry to read that some of your side effects from treatment are permanent, mum described the feeling she gets with the Raynaud's as that of coming in from the snow and her hands/feet beginning to thaw, the burn she says is similar only on a far more excruciating level.:(
    My sister does chip in with appointments more than she ever could before, along with shopping trips and having her over for tea etc. Sadly mums conditions are long and tedious for her, though we want her to remain as independent as she can be for as long as possible. One thing that causes issues is her anxiety (due to her meds & life in general) it can make it very difficult with some things, I know for certain that general outsiders are a major source of fear over germs, etc... Oh & She still lives in her own home.. I travel to her.

Fuddle Thanks for understanding, I've always had a complex relationship with my MH, it's good atm, it's been far far worse.. I think for me it's simply not knowing what's going on.. I'm a planner, like to keep things flowing and I'm feeling trapped and unable to organise or prepare for a situation I'm not in control of!
    I don't think it helps being in the (paid) caring profession, especially when, truth be told the bosses really don't care if you are struggling in any form.. I have one or two individuals that are sympathetic (will be getting one to write a letter to my GP explaining the knock on effect of my conditions at work) the big high ups just want the job done regardless, you are just a number and can be replaced:(
    Still, your support has given me the shove to practice a bit of self care and have a nice soak followed by an episode of Vera.. Feeling less grizzly, so thanks again!

MMF007 I really feel for your SiL, it's a horrible gut renching feeling when you know that the roof you have over you can suddenly be removed, 2 months is not much notice, definitely get her to check in with the council in regards to any help and perhaps a call to the CA and see what else they might suggest, I know Shelter give out support and may be able to point her in the right direction also..

Oh & as for pigeons, my mum has a fairly tame one called Percy.. He lives in her tree and causes havoc on a daily basis, trashing the bird feeder and generally flumpsing about annoying the smaller birdies, he's slightly plump and gives mum a giggle when he perches as the whole branch bows under the strain of his weight! :rotfl:
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    So today is a no go.. Had to call in sick from work, body has well n truely gone on strike..
    Only hope now is the Drs (tues), a little light shed on what it could be would be wonderful, I don't expect them to fix me.. I'm happy to research and try to implement things that'll help myself.. Just knowing makes things easier to accept and work on!

Apologies for the moany post, I guess if anything I'm afraid, I've tried not to focus on it and just brushed it all off and pretended I'm coping.. It's something I have always done, some of it I guess is to sheild my boys somewhat, (they know and understand about my autoimmune issues) it's just they've had enough uncertainty and worry over ill health in their lives, I am my mothers carer, something I've done for the last 18 years.
    I know I will pick myself up and keep going, just today all is want to do is hide..
    Hide from myself and the reality that if this body breakdown continues then I will not be able to continue in the job that I am in or care for my family in the way I have done..

So sorry for you MM2013 and don't apologise for your post, that is why the Fencers are here. To listen, help and support.

Take care and don't be hard on of yourself...you can only do your best and you have done, but you matter too xx

Fencers, what you have going on here is very special...don't ever stop :A

G'night xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh my goodness MMF what a horrible situation. I know from running the homeless project how difficult it was for people to actually organise finding the money for a deposit and first months rent. It does seem ridiculous when someone has been sleeping rough to say, " Here's a flat we have for you. Now we just need £800 please." If your niece is already renting, is it possible that she will get her security deposit back? If she has that and the rent she would have been paying anyway if she had been staying there, perhaps it might give her just enough to put down on something else.

MadamMim, you poor love. It is just rotten to be feeling the way you are at the moment. I wish I could wave my magic wand and make everything right for you. I can only tell you to spend as much time as possible resting and be very, very gentle with yourself. Come and have a good moan to us when you want to. We've all done it and this is a really safe place to spill out misery. We can't make troubles go away, but we can offer a listening ear, oodles of sympathy and loads of love. Not to mention a few dirty laughs along the way.

Talking of dirty laughs Hester...........where do you get your gardening hints from? I don't remember Alan Tichmarsh imparting that little gem.

nm let's hope that SSS works for you. When I have allergic reactions, which I often do to things like shower gel, some soaps and washing detergents, the best thing I have found is Nelsons Rescue Cream. It's a bit expensive but you don't need to use much and it is effective.

Silvasava, I have just been watching Penelope Keith's Coastal Villages and there we were! The harbour, the village, the boats, the Pilot and Im sure you would have seen me if you'd looked closely enough - I'm sure I saw a young, tall, glamorous blonde female draped over an expensive looking yacht. Not me? Was it you then?

I must now get some sleep to fortify me for tomorrow. Pickle's dance class is taking part in a show. It's in the Medina so I'll be coming up your way Islandmaid. We have to slum it sometimes.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    monnagran wrote: »
    I must now get some sleep to fortify me for tomorrow. Pickle's dance class is taking part in a show. It's in the Medina so I'll be coming up your way Islandmaid. We have to slum it sometimes.

Oh Lordy - does that mean I need to put a Bra on? It’s the weekend Monna :rotfl::rotfl:

If you happen to get as far as me do pop in, the coffee pot will be on :D

MadamMim take care x

Hester I now have a mental image of you sat on a flower pot on board HMSHotstuff :rotfl:

MMF Just awful, poor love - I hate the way things are going :o

Fuddle and Karcher :wave:

Anyone I have missed - sorry and grab a hug, they are free x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Reading along and catching up, sleeping a lot and slowly feeling more like myself :)
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello all, am I allowed to rejoin the fence? :o

The silly tablet I'd been having to use wasn't letting me, but thanks to my adorable hubby and a 40th birthday, I'm the proud owner of a delightful new laptop. And any word mistakes are mine and mine alone now Monnagran.

I've been a bit under the pump and under the weather too. Trying to continue renovations with very little energy, but not getting too far. For some reason I can sleep 9 hours at night, then another 4 in an afternoon. I'm waiting on the results of a sleep study to see what's happening, I was anaemic, but that's been fixed. According to hubby I burble delightfully at night (snore like a plane taking off), so could be sleep apnoea. Hoping not, but we'll see.

I'll try a bit to catch up some more, but so far hope you feel better soon Mardatha, be careful of biting ants if you sit on soil Fuddle, sorry to see you're not rehomed yet Nursemaggie and glad to see Hester and Monnagran are as naughty as normal (though I suspect Monna feels she's far more :A than that!). Love to you all xx
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hey there Softstuff! Good to 'see' you back :wave:

Thanks everyone for suggestions to help SIL get housing advice. She has rung Shelter today because the agent visited this morning and told her that the landlord (whoever that is now! House was sold at auction earlier this week) is going to do lots of building work to make it 4 bedrooms. She pointed out that she has not been served notice to quit. Agent scuttled off back to the office to check the file...

We had a meal with our friends this evening, met at an airport hotel as they are flyi v to wintersun hols tomorrow and live some distance away so we don't see them very often. It was great to chat over dinner but we got a shock on arrival - the hotel has introduced a parking fee of £4/hr (yes, per hour), even for people dining there. We just took it on the chin and I had to get my debit card out because we were there over 3 hours so cost should have been £16. Gulp. However, just as i was working out how to use the pay machine in the foyer a gent came up and offered us his car park ticket. He said it was paid until midnight. We were a little non-plussed but did thank him very much, still disbelieving that we could be that lucky. Got to the exit barrier, input ticket and up went barrier. Not very often we get that sort of luck!. So I want to send a virtual thank you to the gent for his random act of kindness.
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure