IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN with no number plate entered

arcadiu
arcadiu Posts: 7 Forumite
edited 8 August 2018 at 3:36PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello,

The keeper recently received a PCN when in Wales for not having paid for parking. The car entered a private car park and paid and displayed for 1hr. The car was out the carpark in 30 minutes. Having never used the machines whereby you must enter the reg plate and since the driver was not forced by the machine to even enter anything, they just continued without entering any number plate. The driver then displayed the ticket on the windscreen and left. Unfortunately the ticket has been binned.

The PCN shows photos of the car and the numberplate and realised it is using ANPR to issue the fine with no manual check or warden to confirm.

I have read the newbie stickies but was wondering what chance do I have to get this overturned?
Thanks

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    It's ANPR not CCTV. You can see, if you have read the Newbie sticky that you can appeal using the BLUE template in order to receive a POPLA code.
  • arcadiu
    edited 8 August 2018 at 2:57PM
    Yes, but do you think it will be overturned by POPLA because a reg plate wasn't entered?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    arcadiu wrote: »
    Yes, but do you think it will be overturned by POPLA because I didn't enter a reg plate?
    Quite likely, but as you haven't told us the name of the parking company, it is difficult to say.

Clearly it is a faulty machine/system that requires a VRN to be entered but issues a ticket even if a VRN is not entered.

These things are won on technicalities.
    E.g. were the signs adequate?

As already advised, send the blue template appeal unchanged.
    Do not add anything to it.
    Send it as the keeper.

It is also quite important not to disclose the identity of the driver.
    Your first post needs editing.

For example, perhaps your second and third sentences should be something like:
    The driver entered a private car park and paid and displayed for 1hr. The vehicle was out the carpark in 30 minutes.

Please review the rest of your post and adjust similarly.

There is no place for the word 'I' when describing events on the day.

The parking companies are known to trawl this forum just waiting for people to trip themselves up and can use your posts against you.
  • arcadiu
    Thank you. The company is Premier Park if this helps?
  • KeithP
    More editing needed. ;)

It was the keeper that received the PCN. It was the driver that was in Wales.
  • arcadiu
    Thanks, all done haha.

I got a response asking for the details of the driver and no POPLA code. What next?
  • KeithP
    Thanks, all done haha.

I got a response asking for the details of the driver and no POPLA code. What next?
    Doesn't that letter say something like 'if you don't provide the driver's details we'll determine your appeal without it'?

Anyway, whatever it says, ignore it and wait patiently for your PoPLA code.

Your opening post still needs editing along the lines mentioned in post #6.
  • arcadiu
    It does, but the date in which it must be due is almost 4 weeks. I'd like to get to the meat of the problem as soon as possible as opposed to waiting. I'm on holiday soon and unfortunately I don't have the time to be faffing with !!!!!!!! fines.
  • arcadiu
    Anyway to move the process along? I don't have the time to be faffing with this. How can I get a POPLA code from them?
  • KeithP
    I don't have the time to be faffing with this.

Neither do I.

Not sure how much of your time is taken up by doing nothing and waiting.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport