IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!!

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you have not yet appealed to the IAS then I wouldn't bother.

As post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ thread says, it is a waste of time, and judging from your most recent post you are likely to be very upset by whatever response you get to your appeal to them.

My suggestion would be to do nothing, other that do further research to find out the owners of the site.

You should now ignore debt collector's letters.

Post again if you ever receive a Letter of Claim or official court correspondence.
  • I know how you feel I am quite new too although to be fair to the seasoned posters here all they are asking is READ, READ and READ some more.

Even in my very unqualified opinion I can tell you NO judgement can be made against you before an actual court case (if it goes that far) and no bailiffs can be instructed by anyone unless you had lost IN COURT!! and REFUSED to pay the judgement so as i said you must read as much as possible, all the information to all your questions is here.

I have been reading here now for 6 months and am still not 100% sure of what i am doing or what to do if i get taken to court but i reckon i,m 95% there.

Oh and IMO don't worry all this is civil NOT!! criminal, worst case scenario you get taken to court, lose and are ordered to pay £175-225 (I,m not 100% on the figure) you pay it begrudgingly of course, that's it, FINISHED!!! no CCJ, no bailiffs, THE END.
  • Bless you for helping...I was just very saddened by some of the responses from some very obviously knowledgeable people which possibly didn’t help with my lack of understanding on how to get to “d” with clearly not understanding on how to get from A to B in the first instance!

In essence, I have made the first appeal though IAS who as you probably know ask VCS for their version of events/evidence which again, didn’t know until reading the many wise responses who are clearly not independant at all but affiliated to the very body in question...so they are going to uphold the decision regardless of if I submit/decline to submit anything further!::

Again, thank you & bless you for helping me in my plea! :A
  • From what i can gather the IAS is an absolute joke, well no not joke because jokes are funny, disgrace!! that's what they are, i didn't bother appealing to IAS and the stupid moronic PPC replied to me with "your appeal was unsuccessful"????? so in answer to your question yes they will uphold unless you could prove 100% you were on the moon when they issued their invoice, you get my meaning, all appeals to IAS fail.

As the other posters have advised do nothing wait it out and DO NOT REPLY to any so called debt recovery companies. You will as i have start to receive debt letters with scary red writing and threats of CCJ, bailiffs blah blah blah, just file everything and see what happens.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2018 at 10:26PM
    With IPC companies after the initial appeal to the PPC there is nothing else to do as far as the PPCis concerned

You are in the wait and see/debt collectors stage (see #4 in the FAQ)

You ignore everything except a lbcca or court correspondence

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings against you

If it comes to that then come back at that time for advice on how to defend this

You can though continue to try and establish the landowner, and if you can do so complain to them and request them to get this cancelled
  • I know how you feel I am quite new too although to be fair to the seasoned posters here all they are asking is READ, READ and READ some more.

Even in my very unqualified opinion I can tell you NO judgement can be made against you before an actual court case (if it goes that far) and no bailiffs can be instructed by anyone unless you had lost IN COURT!! and REFUSED to pay the judgement so as i said you must read as much as possible, all the information to all your questions is here.

I have been reading here now for 6 months and am still not 100% sure of what i am doing or what to do if i get taken to court but i reckon i,m 95% there.

Oh and IMO don't worry all this is civil NOT!! criminal, worst case scenario you get taken to court, lose and are ordered to pay £175-225 (I,m not 100% on the figure) you pay it begrudgingly of course, that's it, FINISHED!!! no CCJ, no bailiffs, THE END.

Bless you and thank you so much for being so kind in responding and helping me in simple terms used.... I just so confused with reading, not help with my anxt in getting one of these in the first instance ie clearly stating it wasn’t a PCN and subsequently getting a notice to pay by these unscrupulous people!

I will do nothing further but sit tight, wait and see what happens!

Again, I cannot thank you enough (an angel to me! :A)
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2018 at 11:42AM
    OP......Your "Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs" is a bit dramatic......you might be threatened with bailiffs via a cowboy letter but that's as far as it will go
  • From what i can gather the IAS is an absolute joke, well no not joke because jokes are funny, disgrace!! that's what they are, i didn't bother appealing to IAS and the stupid moronic PPC replied to me with "your appeal was unsuccessful"????? so in answer to your question yes they will uphold unless you could prove 100% you were on the moon when they issued their invoice, you get my meaning, all appeals to IAS fail.

As the other posters have advised do nothing wait it out and DO NOT REPLY to any so called debt recovery companies. You will as i have start to receive debt letters with scary red writing and threats of CCJ, bailiffs blah blah blah, just file everything and see what happens.

Again yet another kind :A to my rescue. Thank for taking the time to help and advise me...I wanted to say “thank you” to your kind response and have concluded do nothing more! !!!128549; Bless you!
  • Thank you too, i am definitely not one of the experts here but i am a fast learner as you may have to become too but certainly nothing worth worrying about with a PCN they can be beaten.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Mystic-lady ... your comments about the IPC/IAS and VCS
    is 100% correct.

The IPC/IAS was set up by Gladstones Solicitors as a money
    making scam. VCS joined the scam as an easy way to make
    money.

Simon Renshaw-Smith who owns VCS and Excel is an
    ex clamper and has made his money by scamming people

A very sad man

IPC/IAS is not in the interests of the general public and