Fischer Storage Heaters

Comments

• Apoorwoman
    Apoorwoman Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    My neighbour phoned Fischer yesterday. The first two calls were answered but as soon as she said her name she was cut off. She tried again and explained to a woman that she wanted her deposit back. She was told she needed to speak to the cancellation department and on requesting that she was put through, was told they were too busy. She demanded that they phone her back before 5pm and the woman said it was doubtful whether she would be able to get through to them.

Anyway, she was phoned back by a woman who offered her a further £4,000 reduction! So we have gone from £19k to £17k and now down to £13k! My neighbour refused the offer and repeated that she wanted her £6,000 deposit back. The woman said that they had a pile of cancellation requests waiting so my neighbour demanded that hers was put to the top of the pile and they had until next Wednesday to refund her money.

Watch this space.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    She should write to them using recorded delivery so she's got some proof of her request and date otherwise stuff just gets lost. An E-mail or even a fax is better than a phone call as there is proof of the date that it was sent.

A possible alternative is to record the phone call and tell the recipient that you are doing it so that there's no doubt that you mean business
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I've had at least 2 flyers (with paid reply leaflets attached) put through my door about these Fischer heaters. I tend to just send them back with added other flyer junk mail :whistle: :D
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I tend to just send them back with added other flyer junk mail
    I do a similar thing, except I would call the content I add "promotional material from carefully selected partners", rather than 'junk mail'. ;) I carefully select the heaviest thickest items that fit into the envelope.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Yet another new ruling has appeared on the Advertising Standards Authority website today related to Fischer Future Heat. It seems that they challenged a claim made by a competitor - Electrorad

Electrorad state on their website that their radiators cost the same to run and use the same energy as Fischer Future Heat radiators.

Fischer challenged this statement and lost.

It's interesting to read all the evidence and science that Electrorad refer to in their case. Although it is between the Electrorad radiator and the Fischer Future Heat radiator all the evidence provided also relates to the fact that all electric heating is 100% efficient and officially confirms what many have already been saying on this forum that any electric heater will give the same running costs and energy use.

I can't post the link, but if you go to the Advertising standards website and search Electrorad in the rulings you will see it. Maybe someone can post the link for me?

Anyone who has been sold Fischer Future Heat radiators on the basis of being told by a salesman that they will cost less to run, or use less energy than any other electric heater would have a case for miss-selling and could use this ruling to help prove their case. If one person does it the flood gates could open.....

I hope this at least helps save some people from making a very expensive mistake
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 8 August 2018 at 2:34PM
    https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/electrorad-ltd-a17-396540.html

We concluded that Electrorad had provided adequate evidence to substantiate the comparative claims that the Aeroflow electric heater and Fischer Future electric radiators had the same energy consumption and operating costs, and the claims were therefore not misleading.

https://www.asa.org.uk/search.html?q=fischer

Edit: This is not an endorsement of Electrorad or any other manufacturer. It is interesting to note that Electrorad produce a range of heaters where a 2,000w heater costs £245, and in another range they produce a 2,000w heater for £625. Both of course cost the same to run;)
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Not forgetting, of course, that a 2kW oil filled radiator from Argos, that produces the same amount of heat for the same electricity consumption, can be had for under £20! :)
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Not forgetting, of course, that a 2kW oil filled radiator from Argos, that produces the same amount of heat for the same electricity consumption, can be had for under £20! :)

Agreed. Also they can be plugged in via an adapter that will control timing and even allow remote control.

The biggest objection to these £20 radiators is that they are ugly/old fashioned etc. If that is the case there are plenty of firms that sell radiator cabinets this is an example from Screwfix:
    https://www.screwfix.com/p/contemporary-suffolk-radiator-cabinet-medium-natural-mdf-1195-x-200-x-900mm/9808p

9808P_P&$prodImageMedium$
  • Cardew wrote: »
    The biggest objection to these £20 radiators is that they are ugly/old fashioned etc. If that is the case there are plenty of firms that sell radiator cabinets this is an example from Screwfix:

How much???

Mine were half that price in Aldi :money:
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • The cabinet looks nice, but makes the £20 radiator £85
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure