Made A Terrible Mistake

Options

Comments

• Mylife
    Mylife Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    pearl if you read, my post I say there are a few I told, but not the wider family mum included. I am gearing to telling the whole family soon.
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 July 2018 at 2:30PM
    Options
    Mylife wrote: »
    pearl if you read, my post I say there are a few I told, but not the wider family mum included. I am gearing to telling the whole family soon.

I wish you luck. I'm sure it won't be easy telling close family.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    George Foreman, the former boxer, has five sons - all called George :p

And a daughter called Georgetta!
    Oh and a grill called George.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    bare wrote: »
    It's not about the affair or about you or the father; it's about your attitude to your unborn child. You don't seem to care about the implications of removing the father from the child's life, you only want to minimise the discomfort for yourself, short-term. I'm not talking about money here.

It's my gut feeling that tells me that something's fishy in your story - maybe not all of it but most likely much of it.. I might be wrong but that's what I believe and I trust my instinct more than anything else.

I wish all the children in this story best of luck, and strength to cope with all the !!!! you adults are putting them through.
    That might have been the OP's stance when she first started the thread but I think you'll find that she's taken on board lots of the comments about excluding the Father from their child's life and has changed her mind on that.
  • Mylife
    Options
    Bare like Pollycat says when I posted this is what I initially wanted to do because I thought it was the easy thing to do. I was not only embarassed but also fear of breaking a family . Thankfully forum users were kind enough to point out to me that it was wrong and I should involve the father.

You are free to ignore the post,I do not need to justify myself to you, frankly I have had a lot of good advice from other users.

To everyone else , I appreciate your advice. I'm now just trying to find a suitable time/ occasion to tell wider family. I have to do that soon.
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    I!!!8217;ve been lurking on your post Mylife and just wanted to say it!!!8217;s a shame people don!!!8217;t read the full comments before having a go and a dig at you. Since you first posted you!!!8217;ve changed your ideas and it!!!8217;s not fair that people are commenting now after you!!!8217;ve gone through it all with users on here.

I wish you well in telling your family.
  • Mylife
    Options
    Thank you Happylassie, I have indeed learned from the advice given which makes much sense. As soon as I have told my wider family I will update. This is going to be sooner than I intended

To everyone else cheers
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The idea of calling your child by the same name of one of his other children will devastate his child when they find out.

The fact you are even considering this makes me doubt the authenticity of this thread.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,792 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    The idea of calling your child by the same name of one of his other children will devastate his child when they find out.
    But it is what people do when they are running more than one family. After all no-one gets too upset if you have sons called Sam & Bob & you call Sam Bob or Bob Sam but if you call one of them Joe, that could be the start of the proverbial hitting the fan. One should never underestimate the manipulating abilities of someone who wants his bread buttered on both sides.
  • fibonarchie
    fibonarchie Posts: 975 Forumite
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »

The fact you are even considering this makes me doubt the authenticity of this thread.

It's certainly a bit weird!!
    And yes it would cause upset if or more likely when they find out he's been leading two lives.

If it isn't authentic that's good in a way, but i'm sure stranger things have happened..
    Signature Removed by Forum Team ..thanks to somebody reporting a witty and decades-old Kenny Everett quote as 'offensive'!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure