Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Free sweetener on COS :-).

Thanks for this, I was just about to have a moan about the continuing lack of good enough offers on COS - apart from getting the wine yesterday and the Arla milk for my COS those are the only things I've bought for COS since June.
    I then drew down on mine so for the 1st time ever all COS accounts have a zero balance :(

The sweetener is the Whole Earth granules with stevia that has been on the list before with a discount, free today but only from the Co-op. I've only seen it in our bigger Sainsburys.

I've also got free Stork 100% coconut oil block 500g from Morrisons - its vegan. Again something I am not likely to buy.

https://www.bakewithstork.com/new-stork-100-coconut-oil-2

Nothing new on Quidco clicksnappy either
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Forumite
    Good morning all!

The muffin offer worked for me this morning :).

I went shopping last night whilst the football was on, it was lovely and quiet! It was pretty successful, I went to Sainsburys and bought 6 each of the rose wines for CS/COS and also found some of those 20p mexican sauces. Then I went to A's for the pinot grigio, fuel, shreddies and milk. Even though I'd written a list I still managed to mess it up a bit and bought the milk on a T shop, which doesn't compare :o. At least it still only works out as 80p I think after cashback, but it could have been a lot better!!

After work today we're driving straight to Gatwick, then we're off to Italy for 4 days for my cousin's wedding. I love a good wedding! :beer:

Possibly your Sainsburys might have sold the Arla milk for £1.25. Ours does not carry very much stock and its been very hit and miss - we need milk and it has none or we have plenty of milk when the sainsburys shelves are full :(
    It never has the skimmed green version so we got the full fat version instead - it is taking some getting used to in tea - might be better in coffee. But on the posh muesli we have from Holland & Barrett the full fat milk is gorgeous.
    So I am thinking that in an ideal world and with enough space in the fridge it would be green milk for brews and full fat for breakfast cereals - we don't get through enough milk to justify having 2 bottles now but possibly when we have guests for a few days it might be worth having both.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone.
  • mhoc
    Forumite
    I also checked marks sparks as the offers renewed overnight.

The new offers are valid for 2 weeks - maybe other new things will pop up in the meantime.

OH has the biggest choice and his include buy iced drinks in the caf! for half price - I suppose its not a bad offer if your marks caf! is closer and/or you have no Neros - 00002 have a BOGOF offer on iced drinks in Nero

The emergency card only allows one offer to choose from but much worse, my main card where most of the sparks points are and the back up card with less than a thousand, both have £5 off £35 online food order - that's it, no bonus offers, no 20% off a choice of 4 various clothing departments. Just the one offer :mad:

The overpriced dine in offer for £12 instead of £10 (fewer meal choices) is still on until July 17th so its something else I wont be buying in Marks.
  • Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

Sorry I forgot who was asking some time ago about paint for fencing.

I'm off to Poundstretcher who have Ronseal Fence Paint in various colours £3.99 for 5L

Seems a good deal :money:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning lovely peoples :wave:

Sorry I forgot who was asking some time ago about paint for fencing.

I'm off to Poundstretcher who have Ronseal Fence Paint in various colours £3.99 for 5L

Seems a good deal :money:

I still can't get the mc d s free muffin :o probably appear when it's too late :mad:
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Am I the only one not even trying to get that McMuffin. I know it's free, but it does not sound pleasant.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Freewheeling
    Freewheeling Posts: 622 Forumite
    mhoc wrote: »
    Possibly your Sainsburys might have sold the Arla milk for £1.25. Ours does not carry very much stock and its been very hit and miss - we need milk and it has none or we have plenty of milk when the sainsburys shelves are full :(
    It never has the skimmed green version so we got the full fat version instead - it is taking some getting used to in tea - might be better in coffee. But on the posh muesli we have from Holland & Barrett the full fat milk is gorgeous.
    So I am thinking that in an ideal world and with enough space in the fridge it would be green milk for brews and full fat for breakfast cereals - we don't get through enough milk to justify having 2 bottles now but possibly when we have guests for a few days it might be worth having both.

Yes, it would have been a lot better if I'd just got the milk whilst I was in Sains. But my plan was to get it in a comparison shop in A's.....I just got the wrong shop ;). Nevermind! It also pained me to pass by all the 5p whoopsied salad bags, stir fry bags and bread in A's, but we're off now for 4 days so they wouldn't have kept. :(
  • Am I the only one not even trying to get that McMuffin. I know it's free, but it does not sound pleasant.

You can add me to your list of not trying to get one :)

Yes, it would have been a lot better if I'd just got the milk whilst I was in Sains. But my plan was to get it in a comparison shop in A's.....I just got the wrong shop ;). Nevermind! It also pained me to pass by all the 5p whoopsied salad bags, stir fry bags and bread in A's, but we're off now for 4 days so they wouldn't have kept. :(

Have a wonderful time Freewheeling :A :beer:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • SW42
    SW42 Posts: 496
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    15eiow4.jpg

Superdrug - garnier £2, nivea 90p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories