Morrison More Breach - It's all the customer's fault!

Options

Comments

• MrsScrooge
    MrsScrooge Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 12 November 2018 at 12:44PM
    Options
    Went shopping on Saturday, checked points balance and found it drastically reduced. Checked transaction history and found that I had apparently had a £35 voucher on 6 November which was my previous visit to the store. I have neither requested or received any vouchers (I wait until I have £50 worth before cashing them in).

Anyway tried calling Morrisons a couple of times this morning but as experienced by the previous poster customer services appear not to be open, so have sent an email.

Now waiting to see what happens.

Do we think Morrisons has had another data hack and customer services can’t cope with the call volume?
  • dcirulis
    dcirulis Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 November 2018 at 9:11AM
    Options
    I noticed on friday last week 40000 points missing from my account. My settings on account had apparently ben changed from save vouchers to issue vouchers and £40-00 worth redeemed in october. Spoke with customer services and they promised a call back. NOTHING!!!. Looks like they have had a serious data breach I think this needs pointing out to the press. Also on saturday had 2 emails saying I had requested password reset????? I have now contacted The sun Newspaper hopefully they will find out whats going on ?
  • JuC
    JuC Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rather than contacting a newspaper, I think you / they should be reporting it to the ICO. If someone is accessing your account, there is a breach of personal data.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/personal-data-breaches/
  • dcirulis
    Options
    apparantly my vouchers were issued in Paignton Devon and spent later in the day. When te lady from Morrisons called me today and realised I lived in Kent she could not get me off the phone quick enough saying she would investigate further and call me back..... That was at 11.50am its now 4-15pm and no call
  • Manpossessed89
    Options
    We normally do our shopping online for delivery with Morrisons. My wife noticed a few months ago that this exact thing had happened, got in touch with Morrisons and they were great and replaced the points. Today my wife checked and 60000 points had gone, same thing, a store near Birmingham which we had never visited.
    It 1st happened around the time the app was released just wondering if it could be linked.
    They somehow changed the name on the account so have obviously had access somehow, despite changing the password 1st time it happened. Serious breach somewhere imo.
    Will be contacting the icon.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sammyconz wrote: »
    TWell I've just checked my app and my points have been printed off again!! Yes I'm sit sat on my sofa and the helpline is closed to speak to anybody. I can't understand how they have been printed off as my settings are still set to save them!! :mad::mad:

My guess there is your mobile phone has been compromised. Either it has a virus of some kind, or where you are when you've been amending details has left it open to hacking. The distance involved with where the 'vouchers' are being used would imply the former. Maybe you've opened a 'dodgy' link that you thought was from Morrisons but wasn't. Get it checked ASAP.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • MrsScrooge
    Options
    MrsScrooge wrote: »
    Went shopping on Saturday, checked points balance and found it drastically reduced. Checked transaction history and found that I had apparently had a £35 voucher on 6 November which was my previous visit to the store. I have neither requested or received any vouchers (I wait until I have £50 worth before cashing them in).

Anyway tried calling Morrisons a couple of times this morning but as experienced by the previous poster customer services appear not to be open, so have sent an email.

Now waiting to see what happens.

Do we think Morrisons has had another data hack and customer services can’t cope with the call volume?

Well got response to email the next day saying would refund the 35000 points ........ didn’t happen. Emailed again and they added 2000 points ...... emailed again re where are my 35000 points .... no response at all.

Phoned them this morning and spoke to a very helpful person who checked and found that the £35 voucher showing on my transaction record had actually never been printed out let alone used. He said he had set it up so I will get the vouchers on my next shop so I am hopeful this is now going to happen.
  • shylockinadress
    Options
    Two weeks wait and still no voucher.
    7 tweets, 3 emails and 1 'phone call= no result.
    Will persist and maybe one day the voucher will materialise!
  • ellasmommy
    ellasmommy Posts: 2,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    This is also happening with the Nectar card. Keep an eye on your points!
    Do good and good will come to you.
  • 2004nsnazir
    Options
    In my local I have seen the cashier not give my £5 more voucher. from a far I saw her put it in her pocket after a few minutes when there was no customers. How do I go about reporting this. I would want to remain anonymous as its my local store and I cant shop anywhere else.
    Im not too fussed with it being £5 but someone out there may be in need of them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback