I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi all!!

This is the first time I've had a strong enough wifi signal to log on but it keeps dropping out so I'll keep it brief!

Hope everyone is well and cracking on with debt busting! Thanks for all the lovely holiday messages, it's been very relaxing - a Moroccan spa day, quad biking in the desert and today at the first day of the world touring car championship. Weather has been very up and down, from 30 degrees to a huge thunder and lightning show within 30 minutes, but beautiful all the same.

I won't be coming back with much of a tan but I've had a great time so far anyway. Still managed to PAD, much to OHs amusement. Not much but every little helps

I can't wait to update my totals when I'm home, it's the only thing I'm looking forward to!

Anyway off to get some shut eye before the qualifying rounds tomorrow!

K xx
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had been wondering how you were getting on. Pleased you're enjoying it.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Hi all,

Will do a proper update post at a later point as I'm spring cleaning and doing all the holiday washing!

Just wanted to pop on as I'm officially under 14K remaining debt! very pleased with that, and it won't be long before I'm under 8K on my loan - it's slowly coming together!!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Welcome back :) & wow to your great news.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Welcome back! Hope you're doing well and have had a fantastic time.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Well I've been absolutely rubbish at keeping this up to date since my return! :o

Holiday was nice, I'm still swinging between thinking OH and I can work this out, and wanting to hit him with a frying pan but it was nice to have some time just to the two of us. I can't help but think we have completely lost any spark we once had, and I feel like we are more friends than anything else...not really sure if it's possible to get back to the 'relationship' feeling....

We have our first relate session next week, finally! and OH started his counselling this week - quite disappointing, he was in and out in a very short time and isn't being seen again for 3 weeks. The first session was just to work out what he wants to achieve rather than the start of the actual counselling so fingers crossed. Whatever happens between us, I do want him to get the help he needs and to sort his head out.

I've been keeping up to date with the PADing and am down to under 8K on my natwest loan :j

I have been looking at other jobs, and have been offered an interview on Friday evening. I think I'll go for the interview and see what it's about, but as always I'm torn about leaving my current place :cool:

I've come back from holiday determined to lose weight, especially as I ordered my bridesmaid dress 2 sizes too small, so I have until September to lose a stone and a half at least (I want to lost 2.5 stone in total so hopefully I'll smash my target....time will tell, especially as I'm so up and down in my moods that I'm going from eating nothing to eating everything in sight and more) I've done 2 sainsburys deliveries (1 in my name, 1 in OHs) using the £20 off a £60 spend vouchers on both so we have a full fridge and freezer and enough washing tablets and fabric softener to last us a few months :rotfl:

Anyway, hope you are all well :D
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It always feels much easier to stay with a person and fix them.
    I think you need a new list Kirsty :)
    1) what do you want from a partner? (Does he fulfil the list)
    2) what do you want to achieve in the next 12 months?
    You have time to work things out. You don't have to end a relationship the day things go wrong. I think you'll work it all out with the counselling. Someone objective who knows the situation will be better able to shed some light on everything in a way that you can relate to. You'll work out the right answer for you Kirsty. I think wanting to hit him with a frying pan means you still care. Not caring would be worse.
    Great news on the interviews! Fingers crossed for you. You busy bee xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    That's such a good point Kitten, I can't believe I haven't done those lists - I think it will make everything clearer...or not, but it might at least focus my mind.

I really hope the counselling is our relationship LBM, but only time will tell.

Thanks for the nudge, I'm off to make lists!! xx
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well my fellow list lover I thought it would be a good way to be objective. I'm more logical with my lists.
    You'll work it all out. Be back on an even keel and be happy. I know it. You chase happiness :) xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Totally agree with Kitten - things are always worth working at. And we all like a good list.
    I really hope you can work things out. Sometimes it's easier to walk away than make the effort to try. I'm behind you all of the way x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure