This Time I'm Really Going To Do It

Options

Comments

• Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck watty

I dont have a company as such but am self employed and do my own work when i want i could defiantly work smarter myself
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,922 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Read some of the four hour week blog. Dear me. Will go back to reading Mr Money Moustache. At least he seems achievable :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tim Ferriss works a lot longer than four hours! I have his book, and it was pretty inspiring at the time - if you read the early posts on The Money Principle http://www.themoneyprinciple.co.uk/ferriss-timothy-2007-the-4-hour-work-week-escape-the-9-5-live-anywhere-and-join-the-new-rich/

This is me :o:D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Options
    Great review KC - better than I would have constructed after reading his blog. When I revive the library visiting I might look for it there. The blog put me off though :)
    But on the plus side it did get me thinking about how I could use technology more to help with work. I'm not about to outsource my life to someone in a far flung country for £5 an hour - I'm not sure my business would survive that - or survive me checking emails once a week - but - I was made to think and that in itself is a good sign.
    As first step I have linked my mobile phone to the office call minder. Now that might sound small people - but - I'm a bit of a technophobe and it seemed quite innovative to me :rotfl:

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks watty! I agree he can be offputting - he's very blinkered, sometimes, in that all-American way. Still, a bit like MMM - use the points that help *you*, and ignore the rest, which is exactly what you've just done with your mobile phone linkage! Good for you :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Options
    Lovely day out Friday at the Royal International Horse Show at Hickstead. Got in free with BHS Membership so only had to pay parking - but - had lovely lunch and dinner via food stands. Next year am resolved to take a picnic :)

Only slight downside to day was a call from Planning Consultant to say very unlikely to get permission to build in horse field.

Have spent this morning reading the last 10 years worth of planning applications in this neighbourhood and I can see her point. No-one has actually managed anything like it. (Other than the 2 local travellers camps for whom different rules seem to apply).

However - have decided to get her out for a site visit - cost £300 - to see if there is anything that might win favour with the planners. Not holding out much hope now but worth exploring.

• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There is a book you can buy on ebay called "build legally on agricultural land" or some such snappy title. A guy in our village is following it and has so far been living there six years.
  • Watty1
    Options
    Thanks Al. Been researching on the internet and yes I see how that could be done - but - Mr Watty will only do this if we can do it 'properly' from the start. It was quite a big thing for him to even agree to the concept.
    Undaunted. If we cannot do anything to release some equity from the property and put that towards financial independence plans then so be it. But worth researching.

1st August today - this is an important month here. Need to concentrate. Today's efforts include making a start on the end of the month business financials - and - buying a numnah for Most Handsome's new saddle.

End of the month outcomes aimed for:
    Most Handsome and I confidently riding together
    Investing Plans set up for future when MF (MF day is coming up soon)

• Watty1
    Options
    August plans already gone to pot! Spent £13.50 on Roast Lamb in the pub after dog training class. Was delicious but so much for being frugal this month :rotfl:

• Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    As somebody who has been beating herself up about higher than normal 'non mindful' expenditure - it doesn't matter from time to time!

On a sunny day like today, a pub lunch is a real treat.

You can be frugal for the rest of the month!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport