Applied for Birm Midshire 1.45% Internet Account

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    e-mail with 'token' arrived but no user name in the post, as yet! The earliest it can now arrive is Tuesday........ certainly not holding breath!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Got my 'token' about 2-3 weeks ago - still no username in the post yet.

I have, however, sent money to the account by FP so even though I can't logon yet I am now getting the 1.45%.

PS called them to check money has arrived - they told me the balance - you don't need a username for that
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2017 at 7:59PM
    Options
    18cc wrote: »

I have, however, sent money to the account by FP so even though I can't logon yet I am now getting the 1.45%.

PS called them to check money has arrived - they told me the balance - you don't need a username for that
    I applied 29 th Nov to open the account
    .Finally got my letter yesterday with the instructions to validate the account.
    It took around 10 days from receiving the "token " to the validation instructions to come in the post
    Glad to see the interest rate is 1.44.% and not the .0.90%
  • discat11
    discat11 Posts: 527 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 December 2017 at 9:39AM
    Options
    waiting for both my token & password but sent the cheque & been accepted.
    If they don't honour the 1.45% I'll be cancelling the account anyway despite it definitely being more than I'm getting out of natwest anyway!
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    discat11 wrote: »
    waiting for both my token & password but sent the cheque & been accepted.
    If they don't honour the 1.45% I'll be cancelling the account anyway despite it definitely being more than I'm getting out of nattiest anyway!

You should get it as I applied at 1.3% and got the 1.45% when it was eventually opened.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    18cc wrote: »

I applied 3Dec and have today received the request to send a cheque.

With regards to your user name have you checked on any of the letters you have received? The user name consists of the the first 3 letters of your surname and then random numbers.

The reason I know this is I had an old BM on line account, the letter I received today showed at the top a group of letters the first 3 being of my surname, so I think this is my new user name.
    I don’t know if this is the way they normally advise of the user name, but you may find it on your letters..
  • Imnoexpert_2
    Options
    I too started the application process in November and have had a poor experience with them. My problem was having an existing account which confused them (and me). I still don’t have the account open but in response to my written complaint they have apologised fpr their errors, offered to back date interest and give me some money to keep me happy. I will be getting the 1.45%.

Clearly they weren’t set up for the influx of applications and have some poor systems but they have apologised and put it right so I’m ok.

You do have to wonder how long it will be before they drop the rate, lose all the ‘rate tarts’ and work out how much it has all cost them.
  • youngretired
    Options
    I applied on the 6th Dec and luckily have got the account up and running online.

I made my 1st DD request on the 27th Dec and it said that the earliest payment would be 29th Dec. Checked account and yes on the 29th the funds were in the Birmingham Midshire account showing as cleared funds. My problem is that the funds are still showing in my bank account and no DD showing as being taken!

Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Small confession!
    Seems I had the letter with my user name in a heap on the kitchen table! Must have arrived in the week I was away over Christmas and I just had not opened.
    So have set up security details and the much needed DD.
    I notice from the correspondence that I have the higher rate of interest than that first quoted in initial letter.

Now to sort the Saga telephone one- haven't had the required paperwork from them for sure!

All this work (Thank you Mr Tesco!)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It seems like a lot of hassle to open this account - i have opened easy access accounts with Tesco/Paragon and Virgin recently - all easy and quick to set up and fund as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure