IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Did Merton Council ignore our appeal?

2»

Comments

• Thanks for the replies everyone. They didnt respond asking for my address Barny. Oxford, if I say that I didnt receive the notice of rejection, might they counter with the fact that I didnt include the address?
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    A decent Local Authority would write back to confirm address though.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sara82 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies everyone. They didnt respond asking for my address Barny. Oxford, if I say that I didnt receive the notice of rejection, might they counter with the fact that I didnt include the address?

They might - but it is a fact that you appealed (as long as email appeal was offered as an option) and got an acknowledgement back.

I agree with Orford, you can't take action at this stage so sit tight and at Order for Recovery stage make a WS to the TEC and get it reset.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mo71
    Mo71 Posts: 4 Newbie
    I must apologise in advance if I had put this in the wrong place, I am new here.
    I had similar situation, where I had parked my car outside my brother's garage in Wimbledon, where the garage door was wide open. On the street is a "don't obstruct white line" painted over single yellow line barely visible. Within minutes a civil enforcement officer appeared, I explained to him that we are in the middle of a move, but he replied that he had already prepared the ticket, so, I got into the car and drove off as the officer had no physical ticket in his hand at all. This happened on 14th March 2017, on 24th march 2017 I received the PCN. On 27th march 2017, I sent a letter of appeal with photo evidence of the confusing lines (from all angles). I also added that I wanted to receive correspondence by signed/recorded delivery, so far today I have received nothing from them either by e-mail or post, over a month has passed since the day it all started. This is on the back of my mind all the time, as if we have nothing else better to do or worry about. Any advice please anyone?

Thank you all in advance, I will update you all should I receive any further news
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    They won't reply by recorded delivery/signed for mail. But a Council can take a couple of months to reject an appeal by letter and offer adjudication to decide the matter.

I would wait until you get that rejection letter (because they won't just cancel, almost never) then post on pepipoo forum showing the PCN - all pages, all wording - and the rejection letter and pics of the misleading lines:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Most of the Council PCN experts are there on that forum.

DO NOT post without pictures, DO NOT register with a Hotmail email and DON'T post yet, no need/there is no advice right now; you are in limbo until they reject, which they will by some time in May, I expect. Then register and post all your pics on pepipoo and they will assist.
  • Mo71
    Hi Sara82, i put my address onto my appeal and it has just been over 1 month, still nothing from Merton council yet.
  • Mo71
    Thank you so much Coupon-Mad for your advice, I will wait until the next correspondence from merton council, I just hope I don't get Bailiffs of sheriffs knocking on my door to claim the full payment plus extras like I see on TV, Ie "can't pay we'll take it away"
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Mo71 wrote: »
    Thank you so much Coupon-Mad for your advice, I will wait until the next correspondence from merton council, I just hope I don't get Bailiffs of sheriffs knocking on my door to claim the full payment plus extras like I see on TV, Ie "can't pay we'll take it away"

Hey, stop the panic and chill.

EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON TV resulted from a county court hearing and then the claimant instructing the bailiffs

The council has not even replied to you and you'll soon know if you they want you in court
    Watching TV shows is just like self diagnosis on a medical internet site, don't fall into that trap
  • Mo71
    Ladies and Gentlemen

I have finally received an e-mail and a letter from Merton council today cancelling my PCN and this is what they had to say. "The civil enforcement officer fails to follow the correct procedure with issuing the PCN", so they have admitted they are in the wrong. They also advised me that any further PCN incurred in this or a similar manner may not be reviewed with the same consideration ! that is weird, if they are wrong once or twice why should I pay up for there stupid mistake

Thank you all for your help and assistance
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Great news!

I wonder what happened in Sara's case (the OP of this thread).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure