Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Thanks TM but that's the bit already sorted, DD found accommodation through the Canadian Uni elective website and reserved back in February a house share with a quite professional. ;) It's a reasonable weekly rent that includes utilities etc. :)

I'm trying to work out how much she will need each week for other expenses while she is there. :o

On another note has anyone used any online currency exchange companies, some of the rates seem to good to be true. :eek:

I must stop skimming:o

It's not going to be easy to get your stash posted over there:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Kmet wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether to go and get mini cheddars......hmmmmmm

Go:D:D:D:D:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    From darkside
    Valley Spire Family Pack of Mature Cheddar (830g) was £3.79 now £1.99 (£2.40 a Kilo) @ Lidl

This deal starts on Saturday 22nd April and ends on Sunday 23rd April

Valley Spire Family Pack of Mature Cheddar (830g) was £3.79 now £1.99 (£2.40 a Kilo)

(There will be a limit of the number of items you can purchase individually)

The leaflet states maximum 6 per person bubbs.
    Picked one up today, may have to be out early on Saturday as my store sells out quickly of the weekend offers.

Evening peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2 accounts, 2 orders to each account?

Ahhhhh ok, im just being thick i think:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    The leaflet states maximum 6 per person bubbs.
    Picked one up today, may have to be out early on Saturday as my store sells out quickly of the weekend offers.

Evening peeps.

I /we eat very little cheese i still have some of that rtcc 80p from just after xmas:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Received a Wilkinson razor in the post today.
    Thanks to TM for posting.
    I now have a free razor as i didn't participate in the sharpie shopping.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Ahhhhh ok, im just being thick i think:rotfl::rotfl:

I could be wrong... it was confusing

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :j:j:j

Dad not taken away :T

Paramedics stayed for ages & decided he didn't need to go.

Mum wonders now if she was imagining things when he started talking in 'tongues' ... as he is quite 'normal' now :)
    Next door neighbour - an 'adopted' son ♥ (who was burgled) has come round to sit with Dad ♥
    Lovely man & his wife, who work on designing The Underground extensions, so immediately became Dad's new best friends, Dad is Underground obsessed.
    Thoroughly enjoying the Underground series on C5 - brilliant :D

Anyway where am I? waffling :o

The Dr when he came earlier today, said Mum was to ring 999 if he started getting delirious, which is what she did :)

and relax :o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• vanilla_twist
    vanilla_twist Posts: 3,980 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Please can I ask has anyone ever used kitchen cupboard paint?

Ive just been looking at pics of someones standard 1980s pine doors kitchen which they have done with this paint and it looked very neat.
    They said it had only cost them £20 - well I've just had a count and there are 12 big doors and 12 drawer fronts plus plinths so it would be a much bigger job for us to do 2 coats.

Ive looked on the Wilko website and it seems to be satin finish. Is this OK for kitchen use for washing down?

Also do you need to use primer and what sort of brushes or are small rollers better for the middle sections?

Our kitchen is so ancient now but the door fronts are solid pine, looking very much the worst for wear now. If we replaced the entire kitchen it would have to be the same layout as its a galley kitchen so no room for revamping. Whatever we spent would not make any difference to the selling price of the house. Plus whoever comes along next the first thing they would do would be kitchen removal :D

(Yes, I am finding my own distraction technique and yes it would depend on a week of good weather for painting outside in the garden :)

Don't know if I am allowed to say here but on fb there is a diy on a budget official page. Lots of members (have to ask for add but easy enough) anyway lots on there seem to do this type of kitchen reno so if you join loads of advice and before and after photos. Think if your doors have had a few dings then need a good rub down. Lots of manufacturers do special cupboard paint and can be sealed with a nice varnish for longer lasting.
    Really worth joining. Some of the fads on there are hideous especially all things glitter but you will not find anywhere better for inspiration.

V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

May the odds be ever in your favour;)

SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    redfox wrote: »
    I've used the Currency Club a few times in the past. Rates have always been very competitive and the service has always been good, can't vouch for any others though.

Thanks redfox that is one of the ones I have seen with good rate for Canadian dollars but on another comparison site. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure