Potting compost - the sort you reconstitute

Options
To my dismay I find that Wilko has now discontinued one of its more useful products: a bag of 'dry' coco coir peat-free compost that you reconstitute at home using 12 litres of water to make 40 litres of compost, for just £4. They sell a smaller bag - 15 litres for £4, which is rather less impressive in terms of value.

Please does anyone know of any other national retailer selling the same sort of thing? Plenty selling the big and heavy bags of compost, but this was a boon for those who don't have a car to transport heavy bags of the stuff, or for anyone who doesn't want to heave a heavy bag around.

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Some in Poundland when I was in last week. Dont know size
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I bought mine from Amazon although never again as it just drys out too quickly in pots.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure