darcyvuqua Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    :T sorry rant over thanks martin for the forces thread xxxxx:beer:
    you cant change yesterday
    but you can make tomorrow better
  • Ice_2
    Ice_2 Posts: 3,486 Forumite
    Options
    thanks martin for this ....although I am no longer in the armed forces I am still in the civilian forces and find this site very useful...although the IGS will most probably kick in soon it is for your own safety...
    and I agree that the government should pay you guys alot more than a nornal job cos your jobs arent nornal everyday jobs...

stay safe
    good luck
    guys & gals
    :A

Plans for 2009
    1/ Get fit. 2/ Get my figure back. 3/ Get the MAN BACK! :kisses2::happylove
    contrary to popular belief, I am all Woman.
  • johng_uk
    johng_uk Posts: 1,960 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder how long before the site is blocked by the IGS system, in work or restricted to certain times (6pm for eBay etc).

Here's hoping never! :p
    John :beer:

Life's too short.........
  • peterpants
    Options
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    Hi folks

I'd prefer to keep it open to all - that's the general site philiosophy apart from special cases - and as someone points out there are a good few hundred thousand people who login to the site anyway so nothign would be secret.

As for it taking off... it'll be going quite high up (for a forum board note ;) ) in this weeks email so that may help...

Please do tell friends and colleagues about it though... I may contact BFBS about it in a few weeks as I've done stuff there before

martin :)

Martin, could I suggest you get in contact with the site admins at ARRSE, RumRation and egoat (the unofficial sites of the three services, and extremely popular and useful) with a view to establishing a permanent link and to promote your forum?

Pete
    Doc it hurts when I do this.Well, don't do that.:naughty:
  • Marker_2
    Marker_2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Options
    I am a member of 'the ones left behind' type of site so I will let them know about this board as Im sure it will prove to be very useful.

Great idea making this seperate and in its own board.
    99.9% of my posts include sarcasm!
    Touch my bum :money:
    Tesco - £1000 , Carpet - £20, Barclaycard - £50, HSBC - £50 + Car - £1700
    SAVED =£0
    Debts - £2850
  • charlie42bravo
    Options
    peterpants wrote: »
    Martin, could I suggest you get in contact with the site admins at ARRSE, RumRation and egoat (the unofficial sites of the three services, and extremely popular and useful) with a view to establishing a permanent link and to promote your forum?

Pete

There is also the official sites such as rncom.mod.uk, which are very heavily supported and I'm sure the people who I work with who run this site would be happy to include a link.
  • Polly_Pod
    Polly_Pod Posts: 411 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for making this board - its a great idea and will be really appreciated :T
    2010 - nothing as we emigrated to Australia!!! :j
  • teebrown
    teebrown Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    excellent idea, I have passed this web address around all my military friends, all around the world - thanks for thinking of us Martin, I am sure we will gain tons of advice on this site.

Well done :beer:
  • melb2902
    melb2902 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    HI,

what a fab idea.

Army life is tough financially. We have just had to move with 3 weeks notice (you don't get any choice when you are in the army) and of course with that I have lost my job. Now we are hundreds of pounds down each month - there are no jobs where we have moved too.

ANY top tips for saving while being in the army is a huge reward for some of the negative things we have to deal with, that civilians do not always have to.

Thanks for your support Martin, its not something we always get.:rotfl:
  • EmmaWD
    EmmaWD Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Great new board, interesting reading!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts