No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries December 2018

Options

Comments

• Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sold some make-up on ebay so sent that off yesterday.

This morning I discovered that I was at the end of my toothpaste and had no back-up in the cupboard. I can't remember the last time I had no back-up. Maybe I am finally getting on top of my ridiculous compulsion to keep a dozen extras in the cupboard. So I have to go and buy toothpaste AND NOTHING ELSE today!
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One cheeky IN:

Paula’s Choice Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner 190ml

The other Paula's Choice toner I have and the Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner are both going to be used up on my body. The only two toners that I've used in the past year and a bit, that I would repurchase are this one and the Klairs one (I might try the unscented one next though). I think I'll just stick with what I know in the future, or get a lot of samples before I buy a full size.
  • captainhoarder
    Options
    1 UU today

Sure MotionSense Antibacterial Roll On Deodorant - Hated it. Really not a nice smell.

Stash total is now 133
    Less is the new more :D
  • sstevo19
    Options
    A few UUs tonight:

Lush Ectoplasm Jelly Bomb WMBA. This was interesting. A bit off putting by the slimey jelly texture. Note to self, don't buy a Jelly Bomb again.

Lush Sleepy Body Lotion sample WDBA and have as a full size. Love this scent, so relaxing and it does sometimes helps me get to sleep.

Lush Apandapand Soap Sample WNB as a full size. Not my type of scent.
  • sstevo19
    Options
    One IN from my Advent Calendar:

The Body Shop Coconut Bath Bubble

I'm nearing the end of a shower gel, so that should be finished in the morning. And then I'll start using one of the mini ones from my Advent Calendar :)
  • sstevo19
    Options
    An unexpected UU tonight:

Superdrug Pro Care Whitening Floss Tape 40m WBA but I'll stick with the Oral B one I like.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PP List :-

[STRIKE]Murad Blue Cleanser [/STRIKE]
    Murad Pink Cleanser
    Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser
    Ameka hair styling product mini spray
    No 7 cuticle cream
    Batiste Dry shampoo
    Mane and Tail shampoo
    Mane and Tail conditioner
    [STRIKE]Elemis Sea Lavender and Samphire Scrub[/STRIKE]
    Nivea eye makeup remover

MURAD cleanser gone. WNBA. Although it tingled I can't say my skin is any cleaner for using it. I also have a persistent white head on my cheek which has not lessened with the use of this.

Elemis Sea Lavender and Samphire Scrub. It was nice but WNBA. Won't pay Elemis prices for a body scrub. Know that Santa has bought me some LUSH Cup o Coffee.

Also UU the shampoo and conditioner that I brought back from our weekend away. Called Basic Earth. OK products. Will now move onto the Mane and Tail.

Have cut open the Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser and my Bath and Body Works Snowflakes and Cashmere body lotion
    INs Atelier Cologne sample yesterday of Musc Imperial

Today: Atelier Cologne shower gel in Orange Sanguine

I repainted my nails this morning. Really not sure what the colour in the mini bottle is now as it is not purple so not Wanna Wrap? Looks very much like Royal Rajah Ruby but has a crème finish. Answers on a postcard please ……. I've painted Rich and Brazillian on my ring fingers and whilst it looks ok on top of the other polish I've decided to find it a new home.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bookowl wrote: »
    Newbie here- Love this post! Where does everyone buy their toiletries? I mostly buy mine in home bargains / b&m. I definitely need to do this challenge!

Most of mine are from Superdrug own brand because their products are legitimately good and their labelling for vegans is very helpful! I had quite a lot of Lush stuff to use up this year as I went wild in the boxing day sale last year, and then got given a load of gift cards but usually don't buy from Lush myself these days as it's become so expensive!
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • sstevo19
    Options
    Two UUs this morning:

Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel 250g WDBA and will do soon. I love this scent. It's so nice and sweet :)

Drunk Elephant Protini Polypeptide Cream sample WPNB as a full size. This was nice but I wouldn't spend that much on a moisturiser. Not at the minute.

And one IN from my advent calendar:

The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover 60ml I know that there's some eye make up in my advent calendar, so I might try it out and use this to remove it. So it will get used.
  • captainhoarder
    Options
    1 UU this evening:

Body Fantasies Signature Body Spray in Japanese Cherry Blossom - WMBA, I liked the smell of it, it’s quite a nice range actually.

Stash total is now 132
    Less is the new more :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family