No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries December 2018

Comments

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One UU from last night:

Heimish All Clean White Clay Foam Cleanser sample WPNB. This was nice and just what I needed last night, but since I tend to stay away from foaming cleansers, I probably won't buy it. And it had a weird smell.

And one IN from my Advent Calendar:

The Body Shop Mango Body Butter 50ml I've been loving the Mango Body Yogurt that I've got, so I will love this, I'm sure.
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Loved joining in for the first time last month, thanks for having me!

Here is my December PP list, some carried over from last month...
    Crazy Rumors Mint Chocolate Lip Balm
    Essence Stay All Day 16h Concealer
    Tisserand Wild Rose and Geranium Leaf handcream - hoping to finish this!
    B. Superdrug Day Cream with SPF - think I will finish this too! Would love any recommendations of face creams with SPF that are vegan friendly!
    Roots Double Effect Hair Growth Conditioner
    Elemis samples - 2 left
    Beauty Kitchen Rainbow Bath Bombs

As it's party season I am hoping to make some use of my glitter nail polishes too!

So far one IN which I bought yesterday based on some research and reading the positive reviews on the Superdrug website:
    Roots Double Effect Hair Growth Intensive Treatment
    I had £4 of points on my Superdrug card which offset the cost :)
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    UU Nivea Pure Invisible Anti-Perspirant - WBA as didn't give me a rash - hurrah!

UU OGX Pink Sugar Plum Shampoo - WNBA although I got this on the Boots clearance shelf and I think it might have been past its best.

I am hoping I won't need to buy anything this month.
  • Hiya everyone, I've been lurking for a while but haven't joined in for a while. It looks as though we're moving to a new country - exciting and a little scary - so I've got to whittle down my stash!

I'll post my PP for the month later but does anyone know where I can sell some products that I know I won't use? I have Elemis, Nuxe and lots of other bits and want to avoid *bay if possible. :)
  • Bookowl
    Bookowl Posts: 160 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Newbie here- Love this post! Where does everyone buy their toiletries? I mostly buy mine in home bargains / b&m. I definitely need to do this challenge!
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Bookowl wrote: »
    Newbie here- Love this post! Where does everyone buy their toiletries? I mostly buy mine in home bargains / b&m. I definitely need to do this challenge!

Pretty much anywhere and everywhere from Poundland up to Lancome, but I hate paying full price so never do unless I can't avoid it! Generally I want at least 25% off RRP or more! :money:
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • Good Morning everyone! Thanks for the new thread sstevo19.

1 UU this morning:

Sure Motion Sense Cotton Dry Roll On Deodorant - WDBA, smells fresh and lasts for ages. Part of the huge stash of deodorants my sister bought and didn’t use so she gave them to me. I do have another one of this one but I shall use the ones that have been opened first.

Stash total is 134
    Less is the new more :D
  • I get so tempted and am trying to sit on my hands. I have lots of liz earle and keep telling myself that it is good stuff and it is. I think there is something pleasureable about spending money and receiving a parcel. I will be looking up to you, to keep me on the straight and narrow. I won`t save if I spend on stuff
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'm back in for December - need to start some serious pampering ahead of the xmas party, so hopefully that'll help use some things up!

My final items from November, and over the weekend - UU:
    - Carrefour (French supermarket) facewipes. WBA - cheap and cheerful, needed them at the time. I'm really unfussed about facewipes - I rarely use them, I just like having a pack to hand for when needed (mostly when I come in drunk and can't face a full cleanse :P)
    - Molton Brown gingerlily body wash. WNB - nice, but nothing special.
    - Afyna Detoxifying Body scrub. WMB - this is the first body scrub in a very long time that I actually liked. Not sure what it was about it, it was just really nice and enjoyable. Hmm. Came from my mum, need to find out where I can get it...
    - Cuderm cream. WMB - really liked this, though not quite HG. Very soothing on dry irritated skin, and caused no issues at all.
    - Origins Check and Balances frothy face wash (mini). WNB - nice, but prefer the clinique foaming wash.
    - Clinique custom smart custom repair serum (10ml mini). WDBA - HG. 4 left in this size...
    - pack of cotton wool pads.

And 2 ins:
    - Tesco facewipes (reduced to 55p)
    - Tesco cotton wool pads.

I agree with those who posted last month saying they don't really notice the difference - I just buy the first pack I come across once my current pack is finished.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One IN from my Advent Calendar today:

The Body Shop White Musk Body Lotion 60ml I quite like the White Musk scent, so I'll enjoy this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure