PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Tuesday 20th November

Options
13»

Comments

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OL, I think I'd rather have had the enema, the drink was so disgusting it was difficult to force down.

We're at Bath Marina, in dank dreich weather but luckily the van is nice and cosy. I've been very tired today though, yesterday wore me out.

I had a lovely message from Laura's bestie, I've known him since they were at school. They still laugh that I used to tell her that she would be better off with a nice boy like Dan rather than her toxic BF of the moment. They just used to say they were like brother and sister and in fact he is gay. Anyway we have made plans to meet up soon, he and his partner have bought a lovely flat in South London so I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Poppy, Holly, Taff and anyone else suffering or caring I hope you have a good rest of the day.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,031 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Mission accomplished! Farmer came to help and made sure that the piece of furniture was in the boot and secured - then we had a lovely little chat. He's a good talker and always interesting. He's been clearing out loads of drainage ditches to help the water flow and I was keen to know about it.

JL were very good. One chap brought out a trolley to take the piece into the store and then brought it up to the floor in the lift. The refund was easily done, great customer service! I only bought some new knickers (remember knicker-gate?) and then drove to C ostco for loo rolls. The drive down was lovely, clear skies and only one lorry which pulled over soon enough. On the way back there was a broken down lorry at the quarry roundabout in Dumbarton which, of course, slowed down traffic tremendously. Still, no complaints.

I've cooked and eaten my all time favourite of liver and onions! Now contemplating a quiet evening.

It's been lovely to read about everyone's day... well, perhaps the details of some stuff weren't too lovely, but were interesting! :rotfl:
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There seem to be a lot of posters missing lately e.g. Elona, MeanMarie and others. I hope you are all ok and it's just RL that has stopped you from posting.
    I aiten't dead; just permanently exhausted, and don't really have anything interesting to say.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    I aiten't dead; just permanently exhausted, and don't really have anything interesting to say.

Glad you're still about hun.Have you had any interesting woofy guests recently?:D
    The Furnutters are driving me mad, making me laugh, n keeping me going at the mo :DNever a dull moment :rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Youngest DD is still in a lot of pain with her back and leg, but can at least walk about now. She saw the midwife yesterday who sent her to the doctor, who told her she has sciatica and signed her off work for 12 days. Bless her she's not having an easy time. She also has to go once a week to have her blood pressure checked, I went down after work tonight and took some lasagne and salad as her boyfriend was working. I stayed for a couple of hours and then walked the ten minutes home....it was freezing!
    Amazing to see how tidy her house is after the state of her bedroom the last few months!
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everybody

I have been going to dd to help with granddaughter who is now nearly four months and don't want to bore everyone with my besottedness. Nice to be back here and see everyone.

I finally managed to get a flu jab on Saturday and have been having a couple of quiet days and getting some Christmas presents wrapped and a few more things ordered online.

A friend has been looking on weather sites and warned me that in a week or so it is likely to get very cold and snowy so am making sure I get as much done as I can and have plenty of basics so I don't have to brave the weather unless I choose.

So pleased Speky is settled in the new flat and is getting to know the location etc.

Managed to get a grocery delivery today and cooked a large pot of stew with lots of veg and pork ribs, have some meat and veg that I have put in the freezer for later in the month and a chicken, sausages, bacon and veg in the fridge for the next few days.

Visited dd yesterday who returned a load of freezer containers so will do a batch cook tomorrow and freeze some before going to volunteer at library.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Olliebeak1951
    Options
    Hello again all - just sitting here watching programme about Robert the Bruce and Stirling Castle on BBC4.

candygirl - hope you managed to get your laundry finished. I'm like you - just don't 'do ironing' ;)!
    nannywindows - crossing fingers that MrFixIt's injection appointment went well.
    ScarletRibbons - I had the same as you - the laxative drink _pale_.
    ancientofdays - how fortunate that the rain started just as you were by the cafe ;):D!
    Organza_Lace - totally agree with you about 'men doing long, hard hours on shift' getting out of 'doing the dishes' - I was thinking that some of your family were teens/students -my mistook :).
    snoozer - your day at Bath sounds good.
    Gers - what a gent your farmer-neighbour turned out to be :).
    LameWolf - good to see you pop in :T.
    dp1 - so sorry to hear about your DD - I can sympathise as I too had Sciatica and Raised BP during my 3rd pregnancy. So difficult to get about with a leg that 'just gives way' without notice :cry:. Good that she's been signed off work for a while :).
    elona - continue to enjoy your dgd's baby days ................ they don't last long enough ;). Crawling/Toddling before you know what's hit you :eek:!

I finally spent the afternoon heading to Lidl and then to the GP's to collect a prescription that wasn't even ready :mad:. Not best pleased by the time I got back home again - over 2hrs later :angry:.

Now off to make myself a Hot Chocolate and settle down in pj's/dressing gown to watch Vera in a few minutes.

Hope the sleep fairy waves her wand over everybody tonight - night night, God Bless, sleep tight - don't let the bed-bugs bite - luv Ollie xx
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Greetings from Boston USA..... have been here for the past week, visited OHs sister in Connecticut, saw umpteen friends for first time in years.... even made contact with somebody I haven't seen since 1965! Sadly we weren't able to arrange to meet but the chat was good!

Love to all, home Friday morning, be back on track by the weekend.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family