Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Will your cat eat raw mince? My cat is very fussy too, turns her nose up at most cat food, but she always eats the dog's food!

You can get extra long cotton buds for cleaning computer keyboards, we have them at work, maybe the £1 shop has them in their techie bit?
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I’ve never gone down the senior cat food route with mine. Just buy what ever flavours he likes, you can add a little warm water to it and mush well if he needs it a bit more liquid intake, maybe try warming for a few seconds if he needs an increased smell to make him more hungry. Add a few biscuits to the top or some chopped ham/fish if that will tempt him.

Our drink loads now we have a fountain for them, kept away from their food and it’s really helped with our old boys issues.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does your dear cat like tinned fish? I think that Aldi sardines are still reasonably priced, so long since I have shared my home with a cat I cannot think of anything else:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks Pooky.
    Hope all well with you?

maddiemay~~I dont think my best boy has ever had them.
    Worth a try.

Was on foodbank duty this morning.
    Busy, busy & cold, cold cold.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Take care when out and about lovely lady the wind around here nearly took me off my feet earlier.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Weather here tomorrow not to be nice.

Got cat food after SW but forgot to get milk :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Oh & a friend popped in & thinks my best boy is looking a lot thinner :(:(

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope the puddy tat perks up soon.

As for the cleaning, beanie, if there's a *lot* of gunk, I very carefully go round with a table knife - not one with a sharp edge, just an ordinary one :o
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beanie, our H&B often has 4 toothbrushes for £1, branded ones in a multi pack. Worth a look?

Cat food, I used to buy senior cat food for my feline dementia old man, he of course hated it and ate the kitten food, but the kittens thought it was the best thing ever and chomped through it. Lidl have some (19p?) little square cat 'pate' trays that have older cat branding. Getting thinner as they get older seems fairly standard, especially if they are no longer the dominant male for the area. Mine like the oil out of the sardine tray rather than the fish itself. Tuna on the other hand is a sheer delight for at least three meals till they get bored. They also like dog food, but only if the dog is watching them eat her breakfast while she cries.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Beanie, our H&B often has 4 toothbrushes for £1, branded ones in a multi pack. Worth a look?

Cat food, I used to buy senior cat food for my feline dementia old man, he of course hated it and ate the kitten food, but the kittens thought it was the best thing ever and chomped through it. Lidl have some (19p?) little square cat 'pate' trays that have older cat branding. Getting thinner as they get older seems fairly standard, especially if they are no longer the dominant male for the area. Mine like the oil out of the sardine tray rather than the fish itself. Tuna on the other hand is a sheer delight for at least three meals till they get bored. They also like dog food, but only if the dog is watching them eat her breakfast while she cries.

Poor dog :rotfl::rotfl:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback