Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NewMoneySaver13
    • By NewMoneySaver13 9th Nov 18, 10:23 AM
    • 90Posts
    • 377Thanks
    NewMoneySaver13
    Natwest Offer £125 to switch
    • 9th Nov 18, 10:23 AM
    Natwest Offer £125 to switch 9th Nov 18 at 10:23 AM

Apologies if this has already been asked previously.
    I am looking at switching to a Natwest Select Account for £125 switching offer. Looking through the T&Cís below I canít see a minimum requirement for direct debits.

This offer is available to new and existing customers. Just use the Current Account Switch Service to close your current account held elsewhere and switch to us before 3rd December. Offer available online and in branch.
    You'll need to pay in at least £1,500 and log in to Online or Mobile Banking by 7th January 2019. We'll then pay the £125 by 8th February.

My question is, could I open up a new Everyday Current Account with my existing bank, Santander, with no direct debits and then switch across that account to a Natwest Select Account and still qualify for the £125? Assuming the switch is done before 3rd December, I pay in £1500 and log in online before 7th January?

Thanks
Page 2
    • aj23
    • By aj23 14th Nov 18, 3:38 PM
    • 852 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    aj23
    If your balance of your switch process is greater than £1500, does that count as funding it with £1500 to get the cash incentive? Or do they require an additional funding of £1500 in addition to your switch balance?
    • CarolynCh
    • By CarolynCh 14th Nov 18, 3:58 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    CarolynCh
    If you've not yet applied then you can currently get cashback in addition to the £125 NatWest incentive. Quidco is giving £50 cashback for a Select a/c and £40 for a Reward one. Topcashback is offering £20 cashback.
    Originally posted by clivep

Has this Quidco/TCB deal ended? I can't find it listed on either site. Thanks
    • clivep
    • By clivep 14th Nov 18, 5:20 PM
    • 349 Posts
    • 173 Thanks
    clivep
    Has this Quidco/TCB deal ended? I can't find it listed on either site. Thanks
    Originally posted by CarolynCh

On Monday the email from Quidco said "24HR FLASH:" so I reckon it's gone. It's no longer showing on a Quidco search (nor on TopCashback for that matter).
    • New York No1 fan
    • By New York No1 fan 14th Nov 18, 8:30 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    New York No1 fan
    Offer of £125 still valid
    Just applied tonight for a select account after problems with online application. As it still had details of me from when I was a previous customer it wouldnt allow me to apply as new or existing customer.

Rang account opening team and they took all details, stated they keep previous customer details for 5 years for data protection.

Got reference number there and then . All I have to do is produce ID in branch and give current account details I want to switch. DO NOT switch by phone alone as u wonít get the £125.

Confirmed only need to fund account with total of £1500 by 7 Jan, login once via mobile app or online banking to receive bonus 8th Feb.
    No direct debits or salary needs to be paid in.

Fingers crossed.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 14th Nov 18, 9:43 PM
    • 5,519 Posts
    • 6,158 Thanks
    societys child
    all i meant was should i be able to log in to the account on the app or online prior to the switch been complete? its a dummy account for the bonus only. at the moment 3 days in and not able to access the account at all.

cheers
    Originally posted by NotRichAtAll
    I got a msg or text to say the account was open 2 or 3 days before the switch date, and could log in no problem.

• aj23
    • By aj23 15th Nov 18, 9:28 AM
    • 852 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    aj23
    I applied yesterday and had no issues with ID at all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,695Posts Today

7,854Users online

Martin's Twitter