Groupon NEW50 discount code new customers

Hello has anyone had any success with this third party discount code applicable on the Groupon site? Cannot seem to apply it to anything yet I appear to be following all the T's and C's (little information given!) it's on a new account. Groupon does the usual "check the Code's rules" error message but there are no "rules" to check for this Code. Would be very interested to hear if anyone has had success with this Code thank you!

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 November 2018 at 1:08PM
    Hello has anyone had any success with this third party discount code applicable on the Groupon site? Cannot seem to apply it to anything yet I appear to be following all the T's and C's (little information given!) it's on a new account. Groupon does the usual "check the Code's rules" error message but there are no "rules" to check for this Code. Would be very interested to hear if anyone has had success with this Code thank you!

Go onto Groupon live chat and ask them.

I had to do that once as they just added the code to my order.

The 50% off local deals code is very hard to use as a LOT of your local deals are excluded.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sarah1972 wrote: »

The 50% off local deals code is very hard to use as a LOT of your local deals are excluded.

Thanks Sarah, just seen your reply. I've tried that a few times with Groupon Live Chat but never got anywhere as they just state the Code is not recognised and I should use HELLO15 (which of course is only a paltry 15% discount). Really frustrating!
  • sarah1972 wrote: »

Hi Sarah
    See below I contacted them again but got nowhere, just threw me back to third party sites, useless!

JC: Hello I've got a new account and got a Promo Code for new customers NEW50 for 50% off first purchase...but I cannot seem to find any deal at all it is valid against. I've tried loads and getting very disappointed that this is not working. Can you help me identify which Deals are appropriate to this Promo Code please and save me searching endlessly? Thank you
    Anuj P.:
    Thank you for contacting Groupon. My name is Anuj P..
    JC: Hello
    Anuj P.: Hi, thank you for contacting Groupon Customer Support. Please give me a moment while I pull up your account info.
    JC: Ok thanks
    Anuj P.: Sorry for the delay. I'm still looking into this. Do you mind waiting another minute or two?
    JC: No that's ok thanks
    Anuj P.: Thanks for your patience.
    Anuj P.: please can you confirm from where have you received the product?
    Anuj P.: Sorry the code not the product.
    JC: one moment.....
    JC: Just finding the link
    Anuj P.: Okay.
    JC: The Code is on more than one site....first one is Daily Mail..
    JC:
    Anuj P.: Okay, thanks for sending me this link.
    JC: It's also on Hot UK Deals site...
    JC:

JC: Both state code is in date
    Anuj P.: I would like to inform you that these are third party codes and you would need to contact them for further queries.
    Anuj P.: We are unable to provide any resolution regarding this.
    JC: Another user told me about the Code and said that she also had problems but that Groupon resolved it by adding it to her order?
    JC: I am very confused as the third party sites state that the codes should be working
    JC: I don't see how they can help? The code cannot be used through them, it has to be on the Groupon site
    JC: I am very disappointed to have opened this account and this has happened. Feeling a bit misled at the moment.
    Anuj P.: You can contact them through this link:
    Anuj P.:

Anuj P.: I am very sorry, but I am unable to proceed further with this request.
    Anuj P.: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    JC: Ok never mind.
    JC: Will cancel the account.
    JC: Thank you
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thats a shame that they couldn't help you.

I understand their point if its a third party site code and not one that is listed on their site, they tend to use that as a great excuse for not helping.

Mind you, as I said above, the local deals codes are notoriously hard to use as so many deals are excluded.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Aura
    Aura Posts: 260 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Was going to Groupon, but have changed my mind now....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure