Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Not for profit fundraising online service recommendations

i work for a charity and I wondered if anyone could recommend a not for profit fundraising online service we could receive donations through. BTMyDonate looks good, are there any others, is there a site which compares them side by side? The big ones - Just Giving, Virgin, Charity Checkout are expensive. Many thanks

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,938
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    There is, somewhere on the site, an article which compares the various charity giving sites, although I suspect it's out of date and it's possibly no longer there as I can't find it any more! Maybe someone else can ...

I've not heard of Charity Checkout, but the advantage of Virgin and JustGiving is that many people already have an account with them, so adding another charity to their list of causes is pain-free.

You might find better help on the Small Biz & Charities Moneysaving board so maybe ask the BG here to move it for you?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • I'm a trustee of a small charity and I did some research, please see below, in order of cheapest to most expensive. The introduction of Wonderful.org finally provides a totally free platform.

Wonderful.org (not for profit)
    Totally free

My Donate (not for profit)
    Debit Cards 15p processing fee
    Credit Cards 1.3% processing fee
    No fees for claiming Gift Aid

Virgin Money Giving (not for profit)
    One-Off Setup Fee £150 + vat
    Debit & credit cards 2% transaction fee + 1.45% processing fee
    PayPal & American Express 2% transaction fee + 1.6% processing fee
    No fees for claiming Gift Aid

Go Fund Me (profit making)
    2.9% + 25p processing fee
    Additional fees for claiming Gift Aid

Just Giving (profit making)
    Debit & Credit Cards 5% fee + 1.25% processing fee
    PayPal 5% fee + 1.45% processing fee
    Additional fees for claiming Gift Aid
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,938
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks to the post above, I've found the MSE article! It's linked from the Wonderful site, and has a Top Ten list which includes some SeanT doesn't mention.

However, Wonderful is new-ish and small, with not many charities signed up when the article was updated in January this year - it's obviously increased since then. There are some risks with this.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Mayday
    Mayday Posts: 614
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    There's also https://www.goldengiving.com/ which is another
    not for profit. No idea about card fees.

Golden Giving Ethical Trust is a charity (#1158620) registered with The Charity Commission of England and Wales.
    Golden Giving is a company limited by guarantee (#06688164) registered with Companies House.

I've donated via them to Dogs on the Streets.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure