Comments

• Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,216
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 August 2018 at 7:38PM
    tg99 wrote: »
    Yes just to open the account.

Opened the Virgin 3% Regular at Haymarket today and she said to close or withdraw from the account, I must visit the store.

I cannot close or withdraw from the account by post.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,194
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Speculator wrote: »
    Opened the Virgin 3% Regular at Haymarket today and she said to close or withdraw from the account, I must visit the store.

I’ve not opened the 3% one but all the other previous store versions which have matured I’ve closed by post except one in store (as was in anyway to open the next one). So unless they have changed the terms and conditions it could be you were given incorrect info.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite

Are you particularly talking about this current 3% branch product or branch product in general ?.

As mentioned by tg99 ypu could close the brach product by post by sending the close form and your passbook.

I have done that in a few occasions.
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,079
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite

She's given you duff info - from the summary box on the website:-

https://uk.virginmoney.com/savings/find/regular_saver_issue_12/overview/

"You can have access to your money whenever you need it. To request a withdrawal simply send your written instructions to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or you can take money out in the following ways:
    • Cash - Store** only.
    • Cheque - simply complete a Transaction Slip and a cheque will be sent promptly to your correspondence address.
    • Electronic transfer.
    • CHAPS.
    • Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account."
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,216
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 August 2018 at 12:10PM
    tg99 wrote: »
    I!!!8217;ve not opened the 3% one but all the other previous store versions which have matured I!!!8217;ve closed by post except one in store (as was in anyway to open the next one). So unless they have changed the terms and conditions it could be you were given incorrect info.
    adindas wrote: »
    Are you particularly talking about this current 3% branch product or branch product in general ?.

As mentioned by tg99 ypu could close the brach product by post by sending the close form and your passbook.

I have done that in a few occasions.
    ctdctd wrote: »
    She's given you duff info - from the summary box on the website:-

https://uk.virginmoney.com/savings/find/regular_saver_issue_12/overview/

"You can have access to your money whenever you need it. To request a withdrawal simply send your written instructions to Savings Operations, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL or you can take money out in the following ways:
    • Cash - Store** only.
    • Cheque - simply complete a Transaction Slip and a cheque will be sent promptly to your correspondence address.
    • Electronic transfer.
    • CHAPS.
    • Transfer to another Virgin Money account, subject to the terms and conditions of that account."

Thanks everyone. I've already sent an email to the Haymarket store to let her know she's been giving out wrong info.

Are postal withdrawals by cheque only or can they send it by FP/BACS to your current account?
  • Hi Everybody,

There is nothing that I can find that has changed for this weekend's update. I will do another update the weekend after next.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,194
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks everyone. I've already sent an email to the Haymarket store to let her know she's been giving out wrong info.

Are postal withdrawals by cheque only or can they send it by FP/BACS to your current account?

If you give your bank details you should receive funds by FP on day of maturity (well that is how it has always worked for me anyway.......though I’ve always sent my letter in a week or so before so they have a few days to set it up).
  • Can you see the balance on the virgin store regular savers accounts from virgin internet banking?
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,022
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Can you see the balance on the virgin store regular savers accounts from virgin internet banking?

In a word. No.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • sjp999
    sjp999 Posts: 146
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Can you see the balance on the virgin store regular savers accounts from virgin internet banking?

Once I get a few up and running I'm going to take a child like thrill passing my growing number of passbooks over the counter to be updated. I think I might even get as much fun out of this than the actual saving :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure