11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE

Comments

• RootedNomad
    RootedNomad Posts: 3,514 Forumite
    brand8 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much i should be paying to have a cracked screen on a laptop replaced ds is cracked it still works but is cracked on the inside and ink is leeking on the screen know its a bit random but i rang compaq up who wanted £300 plus i just think thats a rip off

Had to do this - left it on the floor and trod on it (can't even blame the kids for that one :o). Unfortunately the screen will probably keep on leaching till it is unreadable. Google the replacement part cost (there will be plenty of sites) and then add a bit for labour. My replacement screen cost approx £60 and I was lucky as guy at work fitted it in exchange for a pint. Quote from manufacturer was £120 plus VAT. If you get hold of the part (relatively easy) do you know anyone who could fit it for you?
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    purdita wrote: »
    Don't know about threaded, but I'm thinking of having mine plaited :rotfl::rotfl:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

purdy i am so trying NOT to imagine you right now:rotfl:

re the goodfellas pizza's any info on which ones definitely price check, i'm after margerheita's?

right decisions, decisions............film night with DH or sainsbobs for palmolive?:cool:

I am soooo going to miss the palmolive coupon:(;)

will join the fond memories of the dove, sacla and honey shreddies coupons:rotfl:
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    Had to do this - left it on the floor and trod on it (can't even blame the kids for that one :o). Unfortunately the screen will probably keep on leaching till it is unreadable. Google the replacement part cost (there will be plenty of sites) and then add a bit for labour. My replacement screen cost approx £60 and I was lucky as guy at work fitted it in exchange for a pint. Quote from manufacturer was £120 plus VAT. If you get hold of the part (relatively easy) do you know anyone who could fit it for you?

my son stood on mine and we have a local computer shop down the market that replaced it for £80, i was sooooo livid at the time:mad:, thought THAT was expensive:rotfl:
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • brand8
    brand8 Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks for reply will ask around my friends and family see if they can help at least i know it wont be £300 + will shop around too
  • debsjc
    debsjc Posts: 3,219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just opened up my last can of 1p Napolina Organic chopped toms from about a year ago. :( That is the kind of mis-price I would absolutely love to see again.

I had about 12 cartons of the Tesco tomatoes with chilli, that were also 1p, but they have all gone now. Wish I had got more.
  • emmlouie
    emmlouie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL5S2AFtGVw

for all those with children that are as obsessed with Disney Cars as mine:D
  • purdita
    purdita Posts: 3,003 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    celebrate wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

purdy i am so trying NOT to imagine you right now:rotfl:

re the goodfellas pizza's any info on which ones definitely price check, i'm after margerheita's?

right decisions, decisions............film night with DH or sainsbobs for palmolive?:cool:

I am soooo going to miss the palmolive coupon:(;)

will join the fond memories of the dove, sacla and honey shreddies coupons:rotfl:

Fess up....how many did you get?
    PM if necessary....but I need to know :D
    My husband says he will leave me if I don't stop shopping......... God I will miss that man.
  • RootedNomad
    RootedNomad Posts: 3,514 Forumite
    Fess up....how many did you get?
    PM if necessary....but I need to know :D

It's not over yet :D Still time for a "few" more in the next couple of days .....
  • SaverSavvy123
    SaverSavvy123 Posts: 1,335 Forumite
    Miss_Laid wrote: »
    I am lucky there are so many here to choose from I can pay as little as £2

Its £5 in T's and yes I still got a Helping Hand £10 off £80 for threading:p
    If it wasn't for blinds it'd be curtains for all of us:dance:
  • SaverSavvy123
    SaverSavvy123 Posts: 1,335 Forumite
    Don't know about threaded, but I'm thinking of having mine plaited :rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    If it wasn't for blinds it'd be curtains for all of us:dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family