PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 6th May 2019

Comments

• bonnie_bumpkins
    bonnie_bumpkins Posts: 1,245 Forumite
    Afternoon all

I missed last week due to a great deal of my energy being used up with work-related f**kwittery, most of which has thankfully receeded - for me anyway. Sigh.

What I did do last week:
    * daily stuff
    * washed living room curtains
    * took glass to recycing point
    * voted

I'm sure there's more but I'll be darned if I can remember...middle age has definitely arrived at Casa Bumpkins despite me claiming for the last 25 odd years that middle age is always 5 years away. Big sigh.

I see lots of returners and new flyers... welcome all!

Love, hugs & gentle stroking of auras to all in need.

BB
    x
    *If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing*
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
  • He's back. I didn't murder him, completely confounding his apparent expectations but he has been left very clear about my feelings about abandoning me for the weekend and not even having the decency to give me a heads-up about it, leaving me to be stuck here on my own imagining the next I'd know about it would be a knock on the door from two coppers to tell me he was dead as well - and a fair bit about how every single emotion is always interpreted as anger.

Not got the energy for anger - or anything else, for that matter; it'll be an achievement if I can make it into the bath tonight. (but is probably essential, as I look like a demented hedge witch at present).

He's downloading a bunch of animated movies. So I'll be draped across the settee with assorted felines draped across me in turn.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nicki welcome back
    Mrs MP words fail me, why on earth couldn't she freeze the meals or even give them to a passing tramp? You are very kind and generous, not to mention restrained for not belting her one.

Today starts off one of those "everything goes wrong " days, not helped by well- meaning hostess at the weekend getting me gluten free crackers which I ate before reading on the pack that they contained potato, which I react to far worse than wheat.
    Went to zumba.
    Did a major clean of the fridge. It's fairly empty as we need to go shopping but can't face it on a bank holiday, so I took out and sorted all produce and washed all shelves, drawers and sides.
    Put together a beef casserole in the slow cooker (yes real bank holiday weather here!).
    Did a whole load of gardening.
    One load washing on and out.
    Care home still shut to visitors, MIL will either be very cross or have no idea who we are when we can go in.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Volunteering done
    Washing done, in dry and away
    Bins done
    Shopping done
    Hoovering whole house done

MrsMP words fail me, re MIL and food.

Dinner is cooking
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 3,993 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    WUDUPA bowl of pots + pan + frying pan
    wiped down hob and draining board
    wiped freezer drawers and put them back in freezer
    decanted bird seed into container
    draped towels on airer and tea towels on radiator

lets see if I can stay on top of the dailies this week :o

Hugs to all
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Oh-so late to join in this week. Thank you Valli for last week’s lists and Natty for this week’s.
    Welcome back Nicki.
    (Hugs) Mrs MP, Jojo, ATB and anyone else who needs one.
    Ionafan - I hope Mr I is ok.
    I’ve had a supremely unproductive weekend. After a positive slinky week last week, it all went to pot. I’ve struggled with looking at lists of everything that needs doing and then being frustrated by not making any inroads.
    But today DSiL and family came for lunch which was lovely. As a by product of that, the bathrooms got a S&S and the kitchen has had a s&s plus - not quite a clean but I have WULTD, dw is running, floor swept and rubbish is out for tomorrow.
    This evening I am going to try to sort my head out by getting the lists into some sort of manageable order. I’m struggling to get things done with working extra hours so something is going to have to give.
    But first if DH doesn’t stop snoring I might not be held responsible for my actions :mad:
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Evening! Lovely to see so many 'old' faces returning :D

Thanks for the lists Natty :Aand Valli :A(not that I'm managing to do any!!):o

I'm working full time at the moment back in my old classroom! Still on supply, which is what I want, but great to have a bit more money coming in and the same class every day.

However, I don't seem to be managing my time very well and the house is suffering. I try to do something each evening when I get in after work and sorting mum or doing Rainbows, but don't have much time / energy. Hence lack of posts from me.

Today I have managed WM x 2, WU, visited Dad, bought rat food, sorted stuff for Rainbows and school tomorrow (including hard-boiling 18 eggs!), been to Mum's to sort her dinner and got petrol.

Hugs to all who want or need one xx
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Evening all

I'm only doing a quick post as I'm off to finish my night routine then to bed. We decided to give the house a full quick clean through today since we were both home and there seemed to be an inch of dust on everything.

In addition to vacuuming and dusting right through I've sliced the cheese and cold meat which came in the Mr A delivery and put half of each in the freezer so they won't disappear as fast ;) Changed my bed, cleared the hand sewing repair pile, and done a wash load. DS then went on to do another load which I'll probably end up hanging on the maiden when I go up to bed.

I also dealt with a builder who was coming round to measure up to do some jobs. These jobs have been on the landlady's to-do list since the start of 2017 but every workman that's shown up hasn't gotten back to me or her even when they were all given a good month to do so before chasing :mad: So between that, not wanting workmen in while DS was sitting his GCSEs, landlady being out the country a few times, me not being free some weekends for them to work and then me having bouts of illness it's taken us a very long time to get someone in to do the work. On the plus side I know the fella personally (didn't realise he was a builder :o:rotfl:) so I am 99% convinced he'll show up and get the biggest work job done in the next 4 weeks which is needed as DS's first A-level exam is the 20th!

List update:
    Dailies:
    Bathroom S&S (TWTFSS)
    Bedrooms - beds made and tidied x2 (TWTFSS)
    WM x1 (or more if playing catch up) (TWTFSS)
    Livingroom picked up before bed (TWTFSS)
    Kitchen S&S (TWTFSS)
    Personal Email (TWTFSS)
    Finances updated (TWTFSS)
    Bujo updated for next day (TWTFSS)

Tuesday Personal :
    Work (Newsletters printed, books out, customers text, deliveries made)
    Physio Appt

Killer Kitchen - Monday
    Level One

Clear and wipe work surfaces - half done. I need to pull the microwave out etc but what is usually clear has been cleaned.
    Level Two
    Mop the floor
    Clean the icky filters and drawers from WM's - Will do AFTER I've done the laundry
    Wipe the cupboard fronts, all the appliances and all those manky corners!!
    Level Three
    Pick a cupboard and empty and clean it out and replace only what you wish to keep!
    Extras
    • HHI .. - Completed by DS on Sunday but no doubt something will appear...
    • Clean windows and sill

Mad Tuesday - Living room, Hallway, Stairs
    Level One

Open the windows and let in some fresh air
    Level Two
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Dust those flat fluffy surfaces
    Level Three
    Vacuum under the furniture you can move
    Clean windows, pictures, mirrors etc.
    Vacuum hall, landing and stairs.. all the way up to the top!!!!!
    Extras
    • Wipe woodwork in the hall and stairs & wipe front door.. inside and out!
    • Wash any nets/curtains that need cleaning.. put up fresh ones!
    • 15 minutes filing
    Right, time for bed to see if I can get a decent nights sleep tonight :wave:
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 May 2019 at 10:26PM
    Welcome back to all returnees including Jojo's OH.

Thanks to all for good wishes for my DH. He seems fine today, but thinks he's done a full day's work when actually he's spent all afternoon slumped in his chair in front of the TV, playing endless games on his iPad :mad:

Spurred on by HB's example, I have had a very productive day - I seem to manage this about once a fortnight atm, but that's better than not at all!
    - rang the insurance company that had sent me a renewal reminder to check what it was for. Answer = buildings and contents. I will try a couple of other insurers before accepting their kind offer, which is actually pretty reasonable and only 46p more than last year's premium :cool:
    - cleaned the kitchen thoroughly, including the oven and hob, and steam-mopped floor
    - dusted and hoovered in the DR and LR
    - emptied the china and ornaments from the glass-fronted cabinets in the DR, dusted the shelves (because I realised there was a considerable layer of dust :o) and put everything back again
    - cleaned the ensuite thoroughly
    - hoovered the HSL, bathroom, our BR, study BR and utility
    - went out for lunch with two friends at a new-to-me GC
    - remembered to buy a birthday card for my SiL
    - did filing in the study and cleared a lot of paper off my desk
    - put my stuff away in our BR - but DH hasn't done his (yet!)
    - went through my wardrobe and bagged up stuff I haven't worn for at least 2 years for the CS
    - folded neatly and bagged up the few bits that DH had sorted out for the CS, but refused to take his spare long pyjama bottoms ("I never wear them, and I've got another pair anyway." "But if you end up in horse piddle again you will need one pair to wear while I wash the other." "Hrrrrrmmmmph.") Also refused to take a polo shirt with a railway club badge on it, which is a "members only" limited edition; told him to send it back to the club committee to sell in aid of club funds!
    - took Rosie for her run in the woods (she runs, I walk).
    - while the pasta was cooking for our meal, called on NDN about a certain tradesman, but she couldn't help
    - sat down to drink a cup of coffee and enjoyed the singing competition scene in Sister Act 2

My flight plan for tomorrow is:
    - check current accounts (switching later this week)
    - ring re ISA transfer
    - email/text reminder about Toddler Group this week
    - send DH to SW, even though I think he's wasting his money
    - see other neighbour about the tradesman
    - ring the tradesman
    - ring another friend who I haven't seen for ages
    - finish cleaning the bathroom and downstairs loo
    - dust the study and our BR
    - do various errands in town
    - post card to SiL
    - turn up 2 pairs of trousers
    - plant some sunflower seeds in pots
    - behead more dandelions!
    - start various jobs for church, including planning for Toddlers on Thursday
    - take Rosie for her usual walk

That should keep me out of mischief!

(((Hugs))) all round, with extras to anyone in need x
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Awake at getting-up-for-work time so put a wash on.
    Back in bed now though, hoping to be back in dreamland imminently.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family