Eversmart saying my deal isn't fixed.

Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Your reply from the regulator, I didn't receive a reply to my complaint, could you send me details of the respondent (possibly via private email as email address are not allowed on the forum)

I will send you details via a Private Message. And silly me it was OFGEM not OFCOM.
  • JohnB47
    Hengus wrote: »
    I would extremely surprised if there was any response from OFCOM. I think that the poster means OFGEM. The Regulator will not comment on or investigate complaints from consumers.

You are correct. I meant OFGEM. I have corrected my earlier post now.
  • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd Posts: 782 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 November 2018 at 12:48PM
    I have now heard from Eversmart Energy and they are "sorry that we are unable to reach a resolution". So I will now start a complaint withe the Ombudsman.
  • eerie
    eerie Posts: 5 Forumite
    I'm a prepaid customer who started a "No standing charge" fixed tariff a while ago.

The gas card and electricity key arrived, I plugged them in -- indeed no standing charge on the meter. Of course the tariff had appropriately high unit prices to compensate for this.

Recently I've noticed the meter running out much faster than before. I check the settings -- it's back to taking the standing charge again, and the high unit prices.

I email eversmart, and after a full week receive a reply saying that the offer has "ended" and they don't offer it anymore. Graciously they don't charge an exit fee.

On questioning why they would change my fixed tariff while it's running -- and not notify me of this at all -- they took another week to reply that the tariff ended for "regulatory" reasons.

They offered £10 in compensation. I'm not sure at which point they sneakily applied the tariff change to my meter (and how?), but I'm set back by at least twice this amount by now, and it's still ongoing of course.

I will send an official complaint right away, probably wait two weeks to get a reply, but seeing the other posts I don't think it will end amicably with them.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hopefully you've kept all the documentation (welcome pack and any other letters, e-mais and details of the specific tariff etc) so you can challenge their stance.

One would have both hoped and expected that you would have got 30 days notice of any changes in the tariff or T&C's - either by post, e-mail or on-line bills or statements.

I am getting less confident about phoning organisations nowaday - If it's really important then it goes via "recorded delivery" or at the minimum using e-mail and saving it all. I even download and save webchats.

It may sound cynical but saving stuff has helped sort out several problems where it would have been nigh on impossible without having the evidence to hand.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • JohnB47
    I have now heard from Eversmart Energy and they are "sorry that we are unable to reach a resolution". So I will now start a complaint withe the Ombudsman.

They've obviously decided to just pick off effected customers one by one and hope they accept £10 and put up with it. Very disappointing. Particularly as a similar position adopted by Economy Energy was rejected by by OFGEM.

I'll probably be taking the same route as you in a few days.

Did you email OFGEM?
  • I have put a complaint into the ombudsman (our formal complaint route as a domestic customer) and also OFGEM.
  • nxdmsandkaskdjaqd
    nxdmsandkaskdjaqd Posts: 782 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2018 at 12:38PM
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Particularly as a similar position adopted by Economy Energy was rejected by by OFGEM.
    I thought the email from OFGEM was a positive message for consumers, have I read it wrong?
    Thank you for contacting Ofgem.
    An energy supplier is not able to increase a fixed tariff. In this case, Economy Energy advertised their tariff as “fixed” by mistake, and will not increase the price of anyone who can prove they received a “fixed” offer.
    Economy Energy have been/should be in touch with affected customers who were provided with incorrect tariff information at the time of signing up to honour the fixed price for the period of the fixed term.
    I hope this has been helpful.
    Kind Regards,
    {Edited by Forum Team}
    Assistant Manager
    Consumer Affairs
  • JohnB47
    I thought the email from OFGEM was a positive message for consumers, have I read it wrong?

I read it as very positive for our situation.

At the same time as raising my complaint with Eversmart, I asked them for a copy of their complaints procedure. There has been no response to date. Did you get a copy of the procedure? The Ombudmans advice is:

"4. Ask the energy provider for a copy of its complaints procedure or ask where you can find it on the company's website. Energy suppliers are required to tell you the best way to complain about the service they provide to you. Follow each stage of the complaints procedure until the problem is resolved."

I can't find any trace of it on their website. If you follow Help/Help and Faqs./Complaints/I want to make a complaint. What should I do? it says:

"We set out to offer exceptional customer service and aim to give you an easier, smarter, more stress-free solution to your energy. If for any reason you are not happy and would like to raise a complaint, please contact us on 0330 102 7901 or email complaints@eversmartenergy.co.uk."

So I'm taking that as their complaints procedure and that's the procedure that I'll tell the Ombudsman I followed.

Best of Luck.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    edited 13 November 2018 at 12:00PM
    Oh dear. Out of the Iresa frying pan and into the Eversmart fire...can we expect Eversmart to contact all customers on 'Welcome Home' to clarify their position, and to try and buy them off with a tenner? Or do we all have to initiate a complaint?
    Love and Power!
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family