IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ignored NCP fine because I paid, now have letter from ZZPS?

13»

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'm perfectly happy to ignore them but the car is in my dads name and he keeps giving me crap about these letters. :(

How many more letters will they send before they give up? What are the chances that we could end up in court because of this? I have 100% proof on my bank statement so I would be completely fine with going to court but I'm worried my dad would be a dumbass and try and pay it before it got to that point.

I would gladly go to court tomorrow if I could and whip out my bank statement in front of the judge.

We never know what these scammers will do and when.
    Over the last 6 months, NCP has become very aggressive but that does not mean they would win, especially using BWLegal which is their favourite at the moment.

100% PROOF is required to win so you could suggest to your dad that he advises NCP (not the rabble ZZPS) who was the driver which would then put the liability on you.
    But when doing this it must be impressed on NCP that you have proof that the amount was paid and that a bank statement will be shown to the court. You also request confirmation of your email/letter.

Gets your dad off the hook, not something we normally suggest but as said, if you have 100% proof, you can have fun in watching them being whooped in court
  • waamo wrote: »
    Did you send a SAR to NCP? That has been advised in several posts. If not do it straight away.

I just send one there. Do I have to attach the V5 document or can I leave that out?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I just send one there. Do I have to attach the V5 document or can I leave that out?

I don't see any harm in attaching it.
  • waamo wrote: »
    I don't see any harm in attaching it.

Do you think this is good enough proof if I had to go to court? I would of course go to the bank and ask for a physical statement.

hxxps://imgur.com/a/fFLlUgS
  • beamerguy
    Forumite
    Do you think this is good enough proof if I had to go to court? I would of course go to the bank and ask for a physical statement.

hxxps://imgur.com/a/fFLlUgS

https://imgur.com/a/fFLlUgS

Yes, and a bank statement will back this up
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    A few days go by and they say my appeal has been rejected and have to pay

They are calling you a liar, let them take you to court, and see who the judge believes. Then, when he finds for you, ask for unreasonable behaviour costs,

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by in the not too distant future..
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Hi there I got the same letter I’m confused to death with all these links and threads and just need to know what to do now ?

The original parking company have cancelled the charges and even wrote to say that if I pay the debt collection company the debt is settled which seems even
    More bazare!

Please help
  • beamerguy
    Forumite
    Riab1 wrote: »
    Hi there I got the same letter I’m confused to death with all these links and threads and just need to know what to do now ?

The original parking company have cancelled the charges and even wrote to say that if I pay the debt collection company the debt is settled which seems even
    More bazare!

Please help

For help, you must start your own thread please
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Please open your own thread, tell us who the Parking company is and some background as to why it was cancelled, and what's changed that now and you will get good help.

Nobody gets help using another poster's thread.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport