PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete

Comments

• Loolooly
    Loolooly Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi there. New around here! In a bit of a panic and looking for some reassurance.. reserved a nb due to exchange next week but contract arrived late last week with a big surprise in. I Understood about having to pay a regular management charge for general upkeep of common areas, however have now discovered I will be a shareholder in the management company but with no voting rights. Also will require the company!!!8217;s approval before being able to sell my house. Feeling very trepidation as at the moment any calming words of advice? Thanks in advance
  • Loolooly
    First Anniversary
    Sorry should!!!8217;ve added have left message for urgent call with solicitor tomorrow!
  • dhokes
    dhokes Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Loolooly wrote: »
    Hi there. New around here! In a bit of a panic and looking for some reassurance.. reserved a nb due to exchange next week but contract arrived late last week with a big surprise in. I Understood about having to pay a regular management charge for general upkeep of common areas, however have now discovered I will be a shareholder in the management company but with no voting rights. Also will require the company!!!8217;s approval before being able to sell my house. Feeling very trepidation as at the moment any calming words of advice? Thanks in advance

Personally, I wouldn't exchange contacts with such terms.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Loolooly wrote: »
    Hi there. New around here! In a bit of a panic and looking for some reassurance.. reserved a nb due to exchange next week but contract arrived late last week with a big surprise in. I Understood about having to pay a regular management charge for general upkeep of common areas, however have now discovered I will be a shareholder in the management company but with no voting rights. Also will require the company's approval before being able to sell my house. Feeling very trepidation as at the moment any calming words of advice? Thanks in advance

What?!!! :eek: My "calming words of advice" would be that that's a complete deal-breaker.
    They remove that clause or no deal.

Two reasons
    1. Its absolutely outrageous and most likely they will also want a fee to "approve" the sale, and the fee will be undefined as yet.
    2. That condition will almost certainly pass on down to your buyer and since no one in their right mind would agree to such a clause, that will make selling it difficult to say the least.

and BTW, well done for spotting this. I bet many buyers have just gone ahead not understanding what they are signing. Your solicitor should also spot such a clause and warn you about it, did they?
  • Loolooly
    First Anniversary
    T thanks for replying all. I!!!8217;ve booked myself in to see the solicitor this morning and raised many questions. She thought that the sellers agent had made me aware of the situation. I said NO Hence the reaction! She is in the process of contacting the other solicitor now to gain answer to my questions and to see what can be negotiated on my behalf. Worried I may have to pull out now and will lose all my money already invested in this !!!55357;!!!56854;!!!55357;!!!56854;!!!55357;!!!56854;!!!55357;!!!56854;
  • Loolooly
    First Anniversary
    :( I agree I suspect other purchases may well have signed this and returned it already !!
  • c_tyler
    c_tyler Posts: 12 Forumite
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it takes from a plot to be released until it is ready to move in?

We bought our first house a couple of years ago. It is a very small house, as back then I couldn't join my husband on the mortgage. Due to my immigration status, I won't be able to apply for a mortgage before mid-november, when I complete 2 years as a resident in the UK.

We have been saving up to move houses, however we are concerned about how long it will take us to sell our current home, as the market is not very good around the location. I heard about the part exchange route these days and got quite excited about, but don't think I can do anything before having the mortgage ready to go, am I right?

So, I saw this very nice new build house, just under our budget. The plot hasn't been released yet, but I am very anxious and wondering if it will still be available by the time I am ready to apply for a mortgage. Also concerned if they will accept our house as part exchange.

I am not good at waiting...
  • dhokes
    dhokes Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    c_tyler wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know how long it takes from a plot to be released until it is ready to move in?

We bought our first house a couple of years ago. It is a very small house, as back then I couldn't join my husband on the mortgage. Due to my immigration status, I won't be able to apply for a mortgage before mid-november, when I complete 2 years as a resident in the UK.

We have been saving up to move houses, however we are concerned about how long it will take us to sell our current home, as the market is not very good around the location. I heard about the part exchange route these days and got quite excited about, but don't think I can do anything before having the mortgage ready to go, am I right?

So, I saw this very nice new build house, just under our budget. The plot hasn't been released yet, but I am very anxious and wondering if it will still be available by the time I am ready to apply for a mortgage. Also concerned if they will accept our house as part exchange.

I am not good at waiting...

How long does it take from when a plot is available for reservation to when you can move in? It really depends on multiple factors and your best option is to talk to the sales office.

I reserved a plot last September and I should complete the sale next week. Having said that I probably won't completely move in until July.
  • stea7
    stea7 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi guys, thought i would jump on to this thread as we are also awaiting our new build to be built. We reserved our plot early November 2017 with a March 2018 completion date (with delays expected).

However due to the bad weather over the winter and the developers having issues with services being laid and their bricklayers, our house is STILL around three brick layers high. I am stalking our plot regularly (so glad I'm not the only one!) but getting to the end of my tether. At present we have an August 2018 completion estimate but this is looking extremely likely to be pushed back. Our mortgage offer expires tomorrow so will need to reapply and the developer has agreed to pay back any incurred costs on our part.

I complained back in April to the head office (not sales office) and got an extra incentive of full height tiling in the bathroom with shower and shower screen. However we just feel so frustrating and can't understand the delay! We are almost at the end of the plots development with only 6 houses behind ours to be built. It's been a bit of a shambles so far!

Does any one think we've got a cat in hells chance of being in in September?! If not, shall I demand some other type of compensation?! Luckily we are both still living with our parents otherwise we would of been completely screwed over!
  • crystalpinks
    crystalpinks Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    There!!!8217;s a chance you could be in September if they REALLY get a move on. You must be pulling your hair out!

We moved in on Friday and love our new home. Not may snags so far, front door has dropped a bit so it needs a bit of a slam to close so they!!!8217;ll be fixing that. Everything else very minor.
    Are you in now dhokes ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport