PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    They had loads of the new B&H sets in the Range yesterday...
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    They had loads of the new B&H sets in the Range yesterday...
    Good tip, we know where to avoid now :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Iloveteasets
    Options
    I counted 7 B&H sets in 1 charity shop today. Almost as much fun spotting them as hunting for bargains!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I bought a couple of these on my travels this lunchtime - 99p each which I was pleased with (have bought smaller, BN from Lidl / Aldi for a lot more).

2ca8ff9970daf2a3d5133cb66c2da8ce.jpg

Also a medium-sized make-up bag with good compartment space in a vivid red floral print for 50p (no similar image on Google), and a couple of silicone baking moulds for 50p each.

And of course another 3 books, for £1.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My only buy today from my tripette to Otley was a b/n pack of 8, cream, polypropylene oval baskets from the 20p shop, priced at...er um...20p! The sort they would serve 'chicken'n'chips' or 'scampi'n'chips' in if people still eat those sort of things!! I shall gussy* them up with scrap fabric/gifty wrap/ribbons/bows and any other blingy bits I can find and then use them as gift baskets next month. (Still can't bring myself to say the C word yet.)

*OMG:eek: I am turning into my grandmother! I have never ever used that word before but my gran used to say that all the time...... :o
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    right im off in the b and h spotting comp i saw one in barnardos and lloyds sell them new

i got a lovely jumper in said shop falmer brand and 2 lovely fancy knitted scarves...all pink xx
    onwards and upwards
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    I counted 7 B&H sets in 1 charity shop today.

Ecky thump! Two identical sets in Marie Curie
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    Pollycat...I did my stint as a personal shopper today too....an elderly lady came up to me saying 'you look like a lady of taste'....:rotfl: and asked if I could advise her re appropriate funeral wear. Sadly it was to be for her grandson's funeral and she couldn't decide what to wear. The g/s was quite colourful and flamboyant but his father was very straight laced and traditional and she didn't want to upset anyone with her choice of outfit. Together we picked out a navy Berketex jacket, navy skirt, cream top and a discrete but jaunty scarf in shades of navy, cream and plum. I quite enjoyed helping her and she invited me to have a coffee with her afterwards in the next door coffee shop which is also part of a chazza. :)
    Miro, that's so sad.
    They say you shouldn't bury your children, let alone your grandchildren.
    Well done you for your support. :T
    You are an :A

I want bright colours at my funeral.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Mir! wrote: »
    My only buy today from my tripette to Otley was a b/n pack of 8, cream, polypropylene oval baskets from the 20p shop, priced at...er um...20p! The sort they would serve 'chicken'n'chips' or 'scampi'n'chips' in if people still eat those sort of things!! I shall gussy* them up with scrap fabric/gifty wrap/ribbons/bows and any other blingy bits I can find and then use them as gift baskets next month. (Still can't bring myself to say the C word yet.)

*OMG:eek: I am turning into my grandmother! I have never ever used that word before but my gran used to say that all the time...... :o
    Ay up me duck.
    Reminiscent of Batley Variety Club.
    Nowt wrong wi'a dance in a club an' chicken in a basket. :D
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Girly baby clothes.

Lots of Next and a Hello Kitty sleeping bag from Asda all for £1 or £2 each. From about three different shops.

All washed and dried, waiting to be stored in the bedroom she'll eventually share with DS.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills