PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• I had half an hour to fill in while waiting for a new strap to be put on a watch yesterday, so of course had a quick look round the charity shops. Two good finds - a DVD of a film I've been looking for plus a really good quality cashmere cardi in a gorgeous pale lilac!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Called into two very local CS yesterday after I'd been to the post office and had 10 minutes spare before the school run, obviously I bought something

Papaya oatmeal cable knit jumper with elbow patches £1.99 - this is getting passed onto someone else though.

Per Una green and multi flecked jumper in a mix of different knits - I got this two sizes bigger than I am and it is roomy but not huge, I hate tight chunky knits it looks frumpy to me £1.99

F&F grey military style short coat £1 - this is really lovely, thick herringbone fabric and fully lined, just needed a wash.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,148 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    St Richards Hospice shop, Worcs (centre)

M man’s motorbike jacket - got son to walk down and meet me from college and it’s a perfect fit! £30

FatFace 2 colour (blues) jumper for me £6

A good haul!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,899 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    So pleased with my little find in one of the charity shops in Otley today. A racing green leather, brand new iPhone case for £2.....just in time as my old case is falling to bits!! :)
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Quite a deperature from my normal purchases today. A large cut glass lidded bonbon jar for £4. It just shouted xmas to me as imagined it full of homemade chocolates surrounded by candles (in reality candles would melt the chocolate) but it's really lovely
  • Hi all, charity shop bargains from the last week.
    Hospice shop - 2 crochet hooks 25p each.
    Reuse shop at the tip- brand new in packaging 4metres of gutter caterpillar brushes £2. Great at stopping the leaves blocking your down pipes( we have a bad and costly previous experience of this).
    Very good condition wooden boxed edition of monopoly. Everything there with metal counters£2. Very happy! Another pressie for hubby.
    Norfolk and good
  • First time of posting in here but I found 3 fabulous items on Saturday worthy of mentioning.

Henry Holland jumper with a stitched Fox motif, quirky and in excellent condition £3.00

Seasalt beautiful blouse, in Navy with cream spot design in unworn condition and perfect and smart for work £3.00

Jersey dress - Brand unknown (as cut out label) but lovely quality, so thinking Fat Face or similar in a Burgundy with a tree pattern, in unworn condition. £4.00

all from the Red Cross shop in local market town. Very happy girl here.
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Congratulations! Am guessing an early spring baby? How exciting!

I do! I’ve learnt my lesson: I don’t lend any more as I never get them back. If I think someone might benefit from a book, I wait to find another copy and then give it to them. I think my choice has a common theme: I always try to select books I can learn from, or if fiction it has to be thought-provoking.

Thank you, yes we're due mid April so even if we have another boy, some of the seasonal clothing we have will be wrong size as DS is a September baby!
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hit the £1 hospice shop yesterday.

Two Minecraft t shirts for DsS, a knight costume and a glow in the dark skeleton top for DS and two thin jumpers for me. All £1 each.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Popped into a local charity shop today that is always busy, because of its ridiculously low prices (I have another of the same charity equidistant to me that is just silly with its prices). I headed for the books at the far end end of the shop, caught the eye of another customer en-route and returned his beaming smile.

I selected 3 humourous books for £1, and waited patiently in the queue, which gave me plenty of time to appraise the bric-a-brac. The same man was looking at some glasses and asked my opinion, which was positive. I then spied a giant mug and was debating the purpose with him - he felt it was decorative, I wanted it for tea! - and left it at that. A minute later I had a tap on the shoulder, this same chap handed me the following ceramic travel mug, a bit dusty but otherwise in perfect condition:

21zUE2MjvWL.jpg

At 10p I couldn't resist :D
    I popped into this shop earlier in the week and found my new friend in there once more. He said he’d seen a pair of BN boxed pink trainers that would suit me (you can never have enough comfortable walking shoes!) and then bizarrely told me my foot size and height. Both were spot on!

Bought another ceramic travel mug, this time in a pink rosebud pattern...very “Cath Kidston” in design. The prices are a little erratic but 50p for a barely used travel mug was still very acceptable to me.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure