Do Hbos regular savers accept 13 x £250 payments?

I opened a BoS and a Halifax regular saver for my mother on 31.10.16 and each has had £3000 in since 1 September.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I opened a BoS and a Halifax regular saver for my mother on 31.10.16 and each has had £3000 in since 1 September.

Are you still living in 2007? HBOS is defunct.
    The BOS / Halifax products have different names and T&Cs.
  • Heng_Leng wrote: »

Technically HBOS still exists.

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/globalassets/documents/investors/2017/2017_hbos_hy_results.pdf
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 October 2017 at 6:36PM
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Maybe the concept of a concise thread title is alien to you.
    I don't recall either's T & Cs mentioning a 13th subscription.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    An even more concise answer...yes.

(Supplementary info: Lloyds & TSB do too)
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Maybe thr concept of a concise thread title is alien to you.
    I don't recall either's T & Cs mentioning a 13th subscription.

I can't comment on the Halifax accounts, but the BoS, Lloyds (& TSB) regular/monthly savers allow for 13th & subsequent;) subscriptions.

They all keep their original RS/MS account numbers, but drop to a much lower rate after maturity.
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 November 2017 at 4:43PM
    badger09 wrote: »
    I can't comment on the Halifax accounts, but the BoS, Lloyds (& TSB) regular/monthly savers allow for 13th & subsequent;) subscriptions.

They all keep their original RS/MS account numbers, but drop to a much lower rate after maturity.
    The Halifax transfers to an account paying 0.05% but the Regular Saver remains open with the same no. and with a nil balance. My brother received the maturity letter and said something about it retaining 2% for another year, and this would seem to be confirmed by the interest rate shown. However, he's not responded to my request for clarification and I was wondering if the account would accept another £250 today and again tomorrow, bearing in mind it was funded on 5 October.
    ClickToEnlargePic.pngfile.html
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The Halifax transfers to an account paying 0.05% but the Regular Saver remains open with the same no. and with a nil balance. My brother received the maturity letter and said something about it retaining 2% for another year, and this would seem to be confirmed by the interest rate shown. However, he's not responded to my request for clarification and I was wondering if the account would accept another £250 today and again tomorrow, bearing in mind it was funded on 5 October.

The Halifax Reg Saver changes to an Everyday Saver one working day after the reg saver has matured - mines paying 0.25%. You can open another Reg Saver as soon as the 'old' one has matured.

Also, the sort code and account number are visible in the image you've posted (which I've not quoted). I'll also PM you. Doubt that a lot can be done with it...
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • badger09
    UGH

I have no idea what has just happened, but that link took me to a very unpleasant site indeed.
  • karlie88 wrote: »
    Also, the sort code and account number are visible in the image you've posted (which I've not quoted). I'll also PM you. Doubt that a lot can be done with it...
    Funds can only be transferred out of it to an Hbos a/c in my name, but it's a bad example to others so I've replaced it.
    badger09 wrote: »
    UGH

I have no idea what has just happened, but that link took me to a very unpleasant site indeed.
    What, Zippyshare? That's just a mainstream file hosting site. What did you find unpleasant about it?
  • badger09

What, Zippyshare? That's just a mainstream file hosting site. What did you find unpleasant about it?

When I tried to look at the png the page which came up had a heading something like 'You've been chosen' and had photos of at least 3 rather large ladies displaying the upper half of their bodies:eek:

I'm not easily shocked, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting:cool:

I've run a Malwarebytes scan just in case;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure