Help with gifts for teenage boys

Options
Hello!

I have absolutely no idea what to get for my cousins!

I have 4 (2 lots of brothers) to buy for and they are 12 - 15. I am clueless! :rotfl:

I've asked the parents. One of them said chocolate or a voucher and the other sent me their amazon wishlists. I'm just struggling as chocolate seems boring (and I'm sure they get loads), I dislike giving vouchers and I don't want to spend £100's which is everything on the wishlists!

Previously I've always done the same/joint presents for them in the pairs but with the older boys being that bit older now it feels like the gap is a bit wider to get the same/a sharing gift.

Budget is ideally £10 each or less if I can help it! :)

Any advice or pointers would be gladly received.

Thanks in advance x

Comments

• stormbreaker
    Options
    I have two sons and would get as suggested.

Amazon do £10 gift cards and wrap it in a chocolate bar?

Or buy them cinema vouchers with popcorn or a share bag of sweet?

Or what about a family board game?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    hanb wrote: »
    Hello!

I have absolutely no idea what to get for my cousins!

I have 4 (2 lots of brothers) to buy for and they are 12 - 15. I am clueless! :rotfl:

I've asked the parents. One of them said chocolate or a voucher and the other sent me their amazon wishlists. I'm just struggling as chocolate seems boring (and I'm sure they get loads), I dislike giving vouchers and I don't want to spend £100's which is everything on the wishlists!

Previously I've always done the same/joint presents for them in the pairs but with the older boys being that bit older now it feels like the gap is a bit wider to get the same/a sharing gift.

Budget is ideally £10 each or less if I can help it! :)

Any advice or pointers would be gladly received.

Thanks in advance x
    Was it the parents or the boys who passed on their wishlist?
    Did you give the parents or boys an idea of your budget?
    If you didn't, I can see how they just passed on their 'wishlist'.

With my nephew - now a young teenager - I've given him a budget for his birthday and Christmas for the last 4 or so years (much more than your £10 though as he's my only one. :)).
    He very obligingly gives me a list complete with Argos numbers/Amazon product codes/Lego reference etc including prices and I just go off and try to find the items cheaper so I can give him the remainder of the money.

TBH, you can't get a lot of present for £10 :( so I'd be inclined to give them cash in a money wallet.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cash in a card/money wallet. It may not seem to you to be a good use of £10 but they will find the best way to spend it.
  • hanb
    hanb Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all, apologies for the delayed response.

The parents sent the wishlists which are just generic and sent to everyone so it gave me a good idea of what they're in to but it was all rather pricey.. who knew lego could be so expensive?! :)

Anyway, I've bought them 'exploding kittens' which apparently is good fun and then some 'funny' chocolate and that should do them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure