Reputable training providers for opening an online business

I'd like to have an online business as a second source of income and be able to work from home.

I haven't decided what kind of business I want yet, so, I will need to explore some options.

Do you know of any reputable training providers (distance learning)?

Any particular courses you recommend?

Cheers

Comments

• TyreLever
    TyreLever Posts: 212
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Try Open University. I read in another post on here that they do some free online courses in various stuff.
    Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.
  • Nothanks
    Nothanks Posts: 160
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If it were easy, everyone would do it.

Suggest deciding what you're good at, what skills do you have to build on?

I've worked with hundreds of businesses over the years, exactly none of them has started with "I want to work from home, let's find a course".

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I just don't want you to waste your time. First step would be to write a list of all your "assets" - so skills, resources, network, time, what you enjoy. Then look at how they could potentially be monetised and any gaps in your knowledge or skills. THEN look for a course if necessary to bridge those gaps.

Just my 2p.
    Union official.
    CiPD qualified.

Anything I post is solely MY OPINION. It never constitutes legal, financial or collective bargaining advice. I may tell you based on information given how I might approach an employment dispute case, but you should always seek advice from your own Union representative. If you don't have one, get one!
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'd like to have an online business as a second source of income and be able to work from home.

I haven't decided what kind of business I want yet, so, I will need to explore some options.

Do you know of any reputable training providers (distance learning)?

Any particular courses you recommend?

Cheers

You need to have a viable business idea first, then analyse if its viable or not, then take guidance if required on how to develop it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure