MSE News: Cineworld first big cinema chain to axe payment charges

Options

Comments

• Honeydog
    Honeydog Posts: 877 Forumite
    edited 17 March 2012 at 2:12AM
    Options
    The Unlimited card is the best way to beat the high prices. Even though that has gone up in recent years it is still a bargain if you go to the cinema frequently and take your own sweets (if you must have them).

I had a guest with me tonight and did the online booking for her. Very smooth and easy process.
    Don't grow up. Its a trap!

Peace, love and labradors!
  • jules888
    jules888 Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What i would like to know is as an unlimited card holder have they dropped the fee of 1.50 per ticket booking fee for us.Cant find this out on website.
  • -abcde
    Options
    jules888 wrote: »
    What i would like to know is as an unlimited card holder have they dropped the fee of 1.50 per ticket booking fee for us.Cant find this out on website.

There is NO £1.50 booking fee. You only pay an up-lift of £1.50 if you want to see a 3D film.
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    I wonder how long the discount will last for booking online, after-all the cinemas make most of their money selling over-priced popcorn & drinks, if more people buy online then there is less of a reason for them to visit the ticket office/popcorn stand.

Cineworld will just make their money back by slowly putting up the price of a standard ticket so that it will include the 70p fee.

Customers still need to visit the ticket stands/concessions stands to get there tickets. Booking online does not mean you dont need a ticket. You still will need to queue to get the ticket.
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If the discount applies on the mobile apps then you are now better off paying through your phone whilst you are there than paying at the box office.
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    Options
    Now they have got to deal with the 087 phone nos..
  • MiserlyMartin
    MiserlyMartin Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    -abcde wrote: »

BS! My cineworld upped there prices today. £10 after 5pm to see a 2D film - but it's still cheaper to book online.

I was about to say good news they dropped the surcharges but now I've read that... £10 is shocking. I don't suppose they'll add the fee onto the popcorn etc which is already about the price the tickets if you are buying for a whole family... will they?
  • jules888
    jules888 Posts: 552 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks abcde.Thats good news if thats right about unlimited cards.I knew about the charge for 3d films and wont pay it.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    -abcde wrote: »
    There is NO £1.50 booking fee. You only pay an up-lift of £1.50 if you want to see a 3D film.

Customers still need to visit the ticket stands/concessions stands to get there tickets. Booking online does not mean you dont need a ticket. You still will need to queue to get the ticket.

Doesn't Cineworld have machines at the entrance where you can pop your card in and it prints the tickets off for you?
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    Options
    great start lets hope it moves on to others
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • Happyjaw
    Happyjaw Posts: 228 Forumite
    Options
    I can't believe what I'm reading. Cineworld HAVE put their prices up. Yes there's a discount with booking online but Cineworld in Sheffield have put their prices up by almost a pound per ticket.
    Absolutely outrageous! Very deceptive.

Obsessing about remortgaging and interest rates all day, every day:)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure