What small mse things will you do this week? 05/02

Comments

• Dawn :j:j that’s really good mews, hope he gets something more permanent soon but it definitely feels like progress.

We’ve woken up this morning with a decent covering of the white stuff :eek: we didn’t have any forecast here, so much so not only did I peg out for the first time yesterday :D I left the line out because I was going to do the same today having checked the weather :cool: obviously not now, so on to plan b, washing on airer, but I could do without a poor commute so let’s hope it doesn’t keep coming down.

Other things:
    Not going to take my resources to work just yet, they can stay for a few more days, some look just fab and I want to get the bets out of them :)
    Check banking, update sheet
    Pay dividends and small cashback amount to LPDF
    Leftovers of something to work for lunch, take so,e kale crisps I made yesterday to use up bag that was going to turn and didn’t fit in meal plan
    Kiwi fruit on breakfast that DH bought when they were super 6
    Hm granola for breakfast, get something from freezer for tea
    Made coffee for commute with kettle boil for morning brew
    Order some dwarf fruit trees and some raspberry canes later and possibly a blueberry Bush if I can find one that might like a tub. Any recommendations from you lovely gardening experts on either supplier or variety that do well?

Hope everyone is ok, keep warm. Stay safe if you’ve got lots of the white stuff if you’re out and about. Purps.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Small DFW
    Cancelled Audible this week £7.99 saving per month
    NSD yesterday
    Take lunches to work
    Batch cook - reuse leftovers another day
    Give hand crafted presents
    Collecting recycled glass bottles and jars for craft projects
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works £11.1K
    3) CC £2.5K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 February 2018 at 12:26PM
    Morning folks

Not really the expected evening. I really needed to get to a specific point in work but it took me til 9pm. Knackered today as I know from experience that it takes me 2.5/3 hours to wind down from work. Midnight is WELL past my bedtime.

Will add my list as I can... I've got a big deadline today that I need to meet.

*Charge phone in work
    *Reconcile budget sheet with OH as didn't get chance on Sunday
    *Don't have time for the gym at lunch but will go for a quick walk
    *Make a list of gardening supplies while the PC is running its algorithms
    *B/D from stores
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary

Order some dwarf fruit trees and some raspberry canes later and possibly a blueberry Bush if I can find one that might like a tub. Any recommendations from you lovely gardening experts on either supplier or variety that do well?

I grow one called Sunshine Blue, which is self fertile (as otherwise you would need 2, if that makes sense!). I only have room for one, so this variety seemed ideal. It is fine in a big pot, in fact unless you have acid soil, you really have to grow them in pots. It will need a big tub eventually. Remember to buy ericaceous compost for it (for lime hating plants) and best to water it with saved rainwater. I have had mine for several years now, and I THINK I got it from Thompson and Morgan. Having said this, a quick google shows me that it is a popular variety that a number of suppliers stock :) It is a pretty plant in an understated kind of way, easy to look after, and I get lots of blueberries each year. They do take a long time to ripen though, and you may have to throw a net or a piece of fleece over them to deter the birds from getting there before you do!

I live in the South West, and mine seems fine all the year round outside just left as it is. If I lived further North, where the weather is likely to be colder, I would be inclined to either put it in the greenhouse if I had one big enough (which I don't) or protect it with a fleece jacket during the coldest months :)
  • DawnW
    edited 6 February 2018 at 7:59PM
    Hope all goes ok at work today CLF!
    And DNMS, hope your good first impressions of your new job continue to be the case :)

For me today:
    Check banks and update spreadsheet (Done)
    Pack and post an ebay parcel, along with a RM surveys parcel Done
    A little bit of shopping, for which I will use vouchers or points, as I intend to have a no (money) spend day :)Failed on the NSD - the vouchers are in £1 units, and you don't get change. I could either sacrifice 21p change or pay 79p plus vouchers to the value of (a few) whole pounds. Would I lose 21p for the sake of NSD? Would I 'eck :rotfl::rotfl:
    Go to sales unit while out, to see if anything needed Managed to fit a few things in, so hopefully some things have sold!
    Some cleaning Not much :o
    Get out in the garden later if it stays dry/ doesn't snow - just a bit of tidying up, and I may sow some broad bean seeds. The ones I sowed before have been dug up, I think by naughty blackbirds just as they came up :mad: so I will sow some in pots in the little greenhouse for transplanting when they are sturdy little plants.
    Might sow some early salads too - I have some rocket leaves ready, may sow more plus some lambs lettuce and mizuna as these are also quite hardy. These will be in pots / troughs in the greenhouse too. Managed some broad bean seeds, plus a pot of labs lettuce, then chickened out because it was so cold :eek: The troughs are full of strawberry plants which will be planted in hanging baskets next month.
    Plenty of bits in the fridge /leftovers for lunch Done
    Need to think what to do for dinner - meal planning fail :o Will check freezer in a minute, because with all that I have in there, I won't be buying anything else! Made 2 turkey escalope thingies into fajitas for 3 :T
    Check for surveys later
    Minimal heating (though it is cold again today :eek:) but will light the wood stove later :)

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 February 2018 at 11:00AM
    Hi February Fabulistas,

A wee day off. Awfully scatterbrained this weekend: just cooked sausages and bread and butter....ate the bread and butter nearly forgot the sausages. Got a lot on my mind...it's a bit of a worry; usually have a mind like a razor. :(

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Good, homemade, sustaining breakfast before I leave the house.

* Today DW and I are having an outing: we're going to get the train to the RSPB reserve. DW can then get in free as we've come by sustainable transport. Then I'm going to cycle for about an hour along a nice flat cycle path while DW bird-watches and photogra-faffs. Will take our own snacks and coffee. Using Bike&Go of course.

Onwards and upwards.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd wrote: »
    Hi February Fabulistas,

A wee day off. Awfully scatterbrained this weekend: just cooked sausages and bread and butter....ate the bread and butter nearly forgot the sausages. Got a lot on my mind...it's a bit of a worry; usually have a mind like a razor. :(

Be careful of yourself. This was one of the big warning signs before my mini breakdown last year - I was forgetting things all the time.
    One of the big things was that I would forget words mid sentence and have to describe objects to remember the word. I'm normally very good with words, so this was a big warning sign.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Be careful of yourself. This was one of the big warning signs before my mini breakdown last year - I was forgetting things all the time.
    One of the big things was that I would forget words mid sentence and have to describe objects to remember the word. I'm normally very good with words, so this was a big warning sign.

Hi there - this is actually me right now - its really awful and scary - I'm looking at something and have no idea what it is called ..... I had a dizzy spell before Christmas and went to doctor it turns out my blood pressure it off the scale I'm supposed to have blood tests done
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Morning All

Today we will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Start a shopping list -
    Hairdresser @ home -
    Bake (while football is on tonight) -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Luckyphone, Luckybob, FPL, Tombola -

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• DawnW
    LoulaBelle wrote: »
    Hi there - this is actually me right now - its really awful and scary - I'm looking at something and have no idea what it is called ..... I had a dizzy spell before Christmas and went to doctor it turns out my blood pressure it off the scale I'm supposed to have blood tests done

Take care Loulabelle, and ake sure you get those blood tests done! xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport