V6 Box free for all Virgin Media customers

Options

Comments

• billn
    billn Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would love a V6 box but our steam driven telly only has scart imputs and the V6s only have HDMI outputs so the only answer is to get a converter that degrades the picture quality.

So until we need a new TV it's the slow old Tevo box for us:(
    If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What happens as i have two v plus boxes, will Virgin Media replace both or will the second one still work with the other V6 box in situ or does it mean I will only be able to use the one V6 box , which is not really what I want.

You can ask Virgin.
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there

Just wanted to let you know the above

You have to apply to them.

I did it via the online chat, as I hate speaking to them its such a long telephone call and you get passed from pillar to post
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • aylesby
    aylesby Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Took about 90 minutes to untangle all my wires and plug in the V6 box. Their package is well thought out and includes instruction books with diagrams. Looks like it all works.
    Make sure you phone your account number in an hour before you intend to start. This is the first activity on their list and their automatic system is busy.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    I’ve the TiVo- and it is starting to get slower. What does the V6 provide that TiVo doesn’t - apart from doubling the number of tuners? I see I can use the App to activate the swap process without having to phone them!
  • littlerock
    littlerock Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    News to me. I have phone/tv (full package of channels)/broadband cable and an old V+box. However we do not have sky sports sub.Not been told about any STB upgrade.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    littlerock wrote: »
    News to me. I have phone/tv (full package of channels)/broadband cable and an old V+box. However we do not have sky sports sub.Not been told about any STB upgrade.

They are emailing people so it will take time. Or just phone up and enquire if you are entitled to one. I do not have sports no interest and got my box last Saturday. I phoned up when I first read about the offer on here and they wanted to come out and install it two days later!!! Which did not suit me.

They will only replace one box with a V6, if you want more then you will have to pay.
  • whattochoose
    Options
    I received a fancy card envelope with card insert this morning from Virgin offering free upgrade to V6 box.
    However, to be honest, I don't want one. I've only had the TIVO box for about 15 months (which replaced the old V+ box).
    I have a fair bit of stuff recorded on the TIVO box and presumably this will be lost if I suddenly decided to upgrade.
    Also, I presently have a special deal with Virgin due to expire in June, so I'm hoping that when the time comes to renegotiate they don't make it conditional on me accepting a V6 box.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yeah wise not to accept at the moment
  • Pikeyp
    Pikeyp Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can copy your Series+ links to the new box and 're-load' them (via catch-up for example) if you need to ...

The box itself is much faster than the old one too, and you get a free Hub 3 with it if you haven't got one already!

Just a couple of things to consider ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport