Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• glider3560 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the super-strength squash from Aldi yet? I didn't see the price, but the bottles are 48ml (so are allowed in the stupid liquid bag to take on a plane) and make 20 servings, apparently.

Like this product from Tesco: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=290225331

Do you have any idea how much these cost please? I've been asked to send some abroad and didn't realise anyone other than Robinsons made them.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Do you have any idea how much these cost please? I've been asked to send some abroad and didn't realise anyone other than Robinsons made them.
    I'm afraid I don't. The store was so busy, I didn't get a chance to look properly. There were (I think) three flavours, but all mixed together in usual Aldi style.

As far as I can see, Aldi and Tesco are the only stores doing their own brand of these at the moment.
  • I got aldis version of frubes, think they were called tube it or something for OHs lunch box and they were so good I ate most of them myself.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Do you have any idea how much these [super-concentrate fruit squash] cost please? I've been asked to send some abroad and didn't realise anyone other than Robinsons made them.

ISTR £1.29 in Aldi.
  • PinkGladioli I can't agree enough about the aldi frubes! Amazing!
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    ISTR £1.29 in Aldi.

Thank you. I think I'll go take a trip to buy some then as that's almost half the cost of Robinsons. I'm sure the guys that are stuck in the middle of the desert won't care what brand they receive :rotfl:
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well, I see that one good thing happened while I was away. Fruit & veg now have best before dates rather than using the old code system.
    Stompa
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm planning ahead for the next three months and have realised that my chocolate stash has been depleted (I no longer eat it but often make HM chocolates as gifts). I used to buy in bulk from Lidl when 1/2 price, would be grateful if anyone could tell me when the 100/200g blocks are on offer at either Lidl or Aldi? Particularly white chocolate please. (Not keen on the Big 4's own brands, they're not much good for the purpose). TIA.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Lidl's Baywood Fruity Rose Wine - absolutely lovely. Really fruity, not too sparkly, lots of flavour. Can't remember what I paid for it but it would have been cheap!
    Bought this on your recommendation LadyDee OH and BIL enjoyed it so much last night that they drank the second bottle I had bought 'just in case'. Definitely worth looking out for thank you. :)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just bought some of Aldi's Brasserie Premium French lager today.

10x 250ml bottles for £3.25. Good price. (Labelled in-store as £1.99, but that's another story, with the incorrectly placed price labels in the Cambridge store)

But then you get the pack home and notice it is now 4% alcohol. This was previously 5%, then 4.8%. At 4%, it's hardly "premium" any more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure