New car

diz79
diz79 Posts: 330
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi just wondered if anyone can help, im looking to upgrade mt car currently have ford focus 1.6 2002 has done me well could prob get one more year out of it but getting more expensive now, done 180000 miles.

I do a lot of driving around London and this engine size was the best option at the time.

I may just get another newer focus as they are good, but you see a lot of small suvs in London now and wondered what peoples thoughts are on these. Ive had a lot of problems with suspension due to all the road humps you get nowadays and wondered if thats why people get them and are they any good?

The Nissan qashqai seems OK at a 1.6 . My budget is £2000-£5000 haent really decided yet.

Thanks in advacne

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    diz79 wrote: »
    Hi just wondered if anyone can help, im looking to upgrade mt car currently have ford focus 1.6 2002 has done me well could prob get one more year out of it but getting more expensive now, done 180000 miles.

I do a lot of driving around London and this engine size was the best option at the time.

I may just get another newer focus as they are good, but you see a lot of small suvs in London now and wondered what peoples thoughts are on these. Ive had a lot of problems with suspension due to all the road humps you get nowadays and wondered if thats why people get them and are they any good?

The Nissan qashqai seems OK at a 1.6 . My budget is £2000-£5000 haent really decided yet.

Thanks in advacne

LOL, it's been a long time since a new car could be had for 2000-5000gbp.
    What people's thoughts are are next to irrelevant as you are getting the car for you.
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    I don't think the OP stated they expected s brand new car for their budget, just newer than what they have now.

Do you drive in the congestion zone? If so I would look at electric or hybrid.
  • diz79
    diz79 Posts: 330
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    wgl2014 wrote: »
    I don't think the OP stated they expected s brand new car for their budget, just newer than what they have now.

Do you drive in the congestion zone? If so I would look at electric or hybrid.

Yes Im not expecting to buy a new car for that price. I dont drive in the congestion zone.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,985
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My mum was in the same position, not London though, and got a Jazz, she loves it and finds the driving position better than her old Focus.
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Search on autotrader based on your requirements and see what comes up.
    Happy chappy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport