Switching EDF to EON

lstar337
lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
Initiated a switch from EDF to EON on the 20th last month through CEC and not heard a thing from either company yet. Is this normal?

I got the confirmation from CEC but that is it. I have only switched once before and that was for Gas (British Gas to Zog), I'm pretty sure I heard something almost straight away, even though the process took a while (IGT).

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Initiated a switch from EDF to EON on the 20th last month through CEC and not heard a thing from either company yet. Is this normal?

I got the confirmation from CEC but that is it. I have only switched once before and that was for Gas (British Gas to Zog), I'm pretty sure I heard something almost straight away, even though the process took a while (IGT).

You should have heard something from E.oN. I confess that unless there is cash back involved, I now switch directly to avoid what might be a simple computer glitch. You have been very patient!

IGT transfers are now automated following the rollout of Project NEXUS.
  • Hi lstar337,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not heard anything about your switch.

If you drop us an email to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com, we'll be able to chase E.On up on this for you.

MSE Laura
  • lstar337
    MSE_Laura wrote: »
    Hi lstar337,

I'm sorry to hear that you've not heard anything about your switch.

If you drop us an email to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com, we'll be able to chase E.On up on this for you.

MSE Laura
    Thanks Laura, I'll drop a message to that email.
  • lstar337
    Hengus wrote: »
    I confess that unless there is cash back involved, I now switch directly to avoid what might be a simple computer glitch.
    There is cashback involved. I always switch direct with Zog as there is no cashback to be gained and internal switching with Zog is so effortless.
    Hengus wrote: »
    You have been very patient!
    I try not to get stressed over these things anymore, it makes life so much more enjoyable.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning lstar337,

Welcome to E.ON. You should have had a welcome email from us by now.

Thank you for providing the email address MSE Laura, that's great.

I'm also here to help you as much as I can, or email is in our profile page.

So don't worry, we'll get it sorted.

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lstar337
    Not heard anything yet Helena, but Laura is getting Money Supermarket to contact EON to find out whats happened.

I'm guessing that I am now going to get stung by a few days/weeks on the EDF standard tariff now as my fix ends at the end of this month and I doubt the switch will happen that fast.
  • lstar337
    Helena, I sent you an email as I have still heard nothing from EON and MSE are offering no further support.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Helena, I sent you an email as I have still heard nothing from EON and MSE are offering no further support.

Thank you,

Just got it, I'll reply via email :)

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure