IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS defeated in Liverpool Court.: No keeper liability

124»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    @BG - just an aside and purely out of interest. The formatting of your posts of late seems to have gone awry - are you drafting in a word processing package first then copying and pasting into the forum's message posting box?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    @BG - just an aside and purely out of interest. The formatting of your posts of late seems to have gone awry - are you drafting in a word processing package first then copying and pasting into the forum's message posting box?

No, typing in directly, I noticed that hence I keep editing.
    The one above seems ago to me.
    I am however using the green layout as I don't like the new one
    Could that be the problem ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    beamerguy wrote: »
    No, typing in directly, I noticed that hence I keep editing.
    The one above seems ago to me.
    I am however using the green layout as I don't like the new one
    Could that be the problem ?

Your post #32 looks 'all over the place' to me. Like you, I use the green layout. Does my formatting look standard to you?

I wonder if Crabman can throw any light on it?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 8 July 2017 at 10:35AM
    But, unless it has been legally defined as meaning otherwise, "unreasonable behaviour" means just that, behaviour which is not reasonable. It is patently NOT reasonable for a PPC to take a motorist to court when the Solicitor knows, or should know that it will fail. The amount 0of stress and lack of sleep this causes some people is incalculable.

Also, there seems to be an overwhelming opinion that judges, even those at the bottom of the ladder, are omnipotent, they are not. They all have bad days, make poor decisions, and, just like POTUSA, sometimes say the wrong things. That does not mean they can get away with it. A well placed letter to the Lord Chancellor, one's MP, or the Times can work wonders. All you need is confidence.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Your post #32 looks 'all over the place' to me. Like you, I use the green layout. Does my formatting look standard to you?

I wonder if Crabman can throw any light on it?

I have just changed to the new version and it all seems the same so changed back to green.

I use google chrome and I increase the font size for easier reading.

Not sure if this is the problem but this is now typed on the normal size.

Yours always seem fine to me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport