PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Are you SABLE?

Options

Comments

• monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 July 2018 at 7:19PM
    Options
    Books, books and more books.
    Every sort of stationery equipment. Keep me away from Staples.
    I can match princess for bibles, King James, NIV, Good News (dont like) The Message (love) Studybible , 2 concordances and several commentaries.

Clothes, those I've slimmed out of, in case I eat my way back into them. Those I am wearing now. Those that, if a miracle happens, I may yet fit into.

Wool, knitting needles, patterns.

Unfinished projects.

There must be more. I'll think about it.

I reckon on about another 10 years if I'm lucky. They are obviously going to be busy ones.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Books including a large amount of cookery books
    Wool and fabric etc etc
    Boots & shoes
    Clothes - all different sizes I'm with Monnagran ever hopeful they will fit again
    Bags for life
    Baking trays and cake tins - I buy replacements and 'forget' to throw away the old
    Mugs - I can't use scented candles Island Maid so my go to gift seems to be mugs :)

Maybe I should do some decluttering at the weekend :think:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Me too:D

1. Sewing threads.
    2. Socks.
    3. Jeans and trousers/leggings
    4. Towels.
    5. Bedsheets.
    6. Wool, needles, patterns, beads,
    7. Books
    8. Lipsticks
    9. Boot and shoes
    10. Waterproof jackets
    11. Long sleeved T shirts.

I think that I had better stop now before I embarrass myself:rotfl:

In my defence I acquired craft stashes ready for retirement and then developed RA in my hands, also I have been ill and lost shed loads of weight which I did not need to loose, gradually thinning clothes as and when I come to acceptance that I will probably never regain much weight, then the good bit - buying clothes for my diminishing size (mostly CS):D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Love this thread great idea GreyQueen. I have enough books a shelf of bibles and cookery books. Sheets towels duvet covers various sizes all joyful. Far too many vintage pillow cases but I love them. Love them enough to iron them.Clothes shoes and my weakness designer handbags. Loads of wool knitting needles and crochet hooks and patterns that I may never knit.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Plastic flower pots of all shapes and sizes - must have several hundred and can still never find the size I need when potting on....:o
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Knitting wool -but I deny it every time DH comments on the amount of wool in the spare room. Also knitting needles and embroidery threads-I inherited my mother's stash and she'd already inherited her aunt's stash.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    THIRZAH wrote: »
    Knitting wool -but I deny it every time DH comments on the amount of wool in the spare room. Also knitting needles and embroidery threads-I inherited my mother's stash and she'd already inherited her aunt's stash.
    :D A good Stash can easily be a multi-generational family holding.

I believe my 10 strong cotton bedsheets will last me at least the next 15 years and, by that point, I am likely to have inherited the maternal stash. Now that is a household which is most definately SABLE where the loft is full of knitting yarn.:D
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Litha
    Litha Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Great thread,
    just off the top of my head;
    Cookery books ( general books have been thinned down severely)
    Art magazines
    Paint - watercolour, acrylic, face paint,
    Art materials, especially pastels
    Unfinished projects
    Prep material for unstarted projects
    Brushes
    Sketchbooks
    Glitter
    Craft materials
    Fabrics that one day I will make something from
    I better not think of any more :-)
    You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have :heart:
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hmm,

notebooks
    sewing thread
    shopping bags
    handbags
    towels
    pillow cases
    drinking glasses
    Christmas decorations

Oh dear! I think I could release some drinking glasses,but what if 40 people drop in unexpectedly?
     :
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Eyeshadow and blush (powder/compact type only)
    Dresses
    Skirts,
    Long sleeved tee shirts (but honestly I wear them under my scrubs in winter and that last six months)
    Panties (I now try and take the worst with me on holiday and leave them in the bin, so I don't have dirty ones to wash when I get home)
    Shoes (I wear a uniform and clogs to work)
    Handbags
    Wallets/purses

My problem is I buy clothes for the life I used to have. I purposely retrained as a nurse so that I wouldn't hae to worry about what to wear to work!

I also have more china than is possible. I could quite easily host a sit down mean for 45 (but don't have enough knives and forks).

Oh, tea towels, I'm a collector, lets be honest hoarder of linen souvenir tea towels.

Cups and saucers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport