Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

Comments

• loofer
    loofer Posts: 562
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Re. the EE deal and £100 voucher.
    Can I still get a 10GB data allowance added to a pay monthly SIM only contract if I take out both the SIM and BB at the same time (through MSE link)?
  • I moved from Talk Talk to EE, tempted by the Amazon voucher offer posted on this site. At the time of booking I was told I woukd get the voucher after 3 months.
    It has now been over 3 months and there has been no sign of a voucher so I called EE to chase. They told me to contact Moneysavingexpert. I Can't find anyway of doing this. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Thanks
  • Portia123 wrote: »
    I moved from Talk Talk to EE, tempted by the Amazon voucher offer posted on this site. At the time of booking I was told I woukd get the voucher after 3 months.
    It has now been over 3 months and there has been no sign of a voucher so I called EE to chase. They told me to contact Moneysavingexpert. I Can't find anyway of doing this. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions? Thanks
    The current blurb on MSE says:

£100 Amazon voucher after 3mths. It's sent automatically, provided you go via this EE deal* link and enter code EEHBB10 to get the voucher. If you have any problems signing up, call 0800 079 5213 or for any voucher queries email eevouchers@affiliatewindow.com

so I'd try that email address.
  • I switched to Plusnet in september.

For the past 4 years my usage has only exceeded 2GB on one occassion, ( my hard drive failed and I had to reinstall windows plus the service pack and all the updates, antivirus etc....)

Since being with Plusnet my usage has rocketed to 5GB and the month of October looks like it might hit 6GB.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with this company?

I signed up to the highly (MSE) recommended PLUS NET deal that expired on 28/10, where the customer wd effectively pay £9.73 per month for a 12 month contract with phone line, b/band (unlimited), plus get £75 cash back. However, instead of the £156 line rental (for the year), I paid on signing up, £171.86, plus was asked to submit a direct debit mandate of £9.99 per money (MSE quoted a monthly payment of less than £3). Not only that, but 7 days on, I've still not received the router and there is no sight (or sound) of a £75 cheque/cashback - wasn't even told I'd successfully signed up via MSE for the CHEAP .... deal. So instead of paying the MSE quoted £116, have signed up for a 12 month 'deal' of £291.68. And to top it all .......... when I tried to cancel the contract I was repeatedly told to "read the Terms and Conditions" (which tell me I can cancel if within the 14 day cancellation period).
    !!!!ed off or what, with the Con Job.
    Signed: DisConned x + Net.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I can't understand these figures, as working on the current on site quotations :

Line rental saver is £155.88 (ie £12.99/month ), so with the £5.99 router delivery, £2.50 and £5 for the first month's bb and anytime calls this would only come to £169.37, with £7.50/month for calls and bb. (The under £3 to pay would assume you didn't want calls, as many don't and the effective cost of £12.99+ £2.50 less £6.25 from the voucher is £9.24 ).

However, if you took international anytime calls at £7, the amounts would be £171.37 with £9.30/month to pay. Could this be the case ?
  • Following the recent SKY deal, they've announced a line rental increase of £1 from 1st December, (up to £16.40 I think).

This gives a short window of opportunity to switch again without exit fees, if it's worth it! I'll probably stick, as the cashback is "confirmed" but not actually paid yet. :rotfl:
  • Advice please - I have a rolling monthly contract with Zen, approx £37 including line rental (no calls). Zen are increasing prices but I can't work out by how much from their website.

I WFH online a lot - which deal do you think would be best? Presumably I don't have to pay again for the line to be set up?
    Thanks.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,519
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I've just had an email off tt to say that my package (out of contract) is going up by £5 a month. I don't need superfast broadband, just a basic bb and phone package. I've not yet had chance to compare deals - I'm guessing I need to see what's out there to try to negotiate them down?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Following the recent SKY deal, they've announced a line rental increase of £1 from 1st December, (up to £16.40 I think).

This gives a short window of opportunity to switch again without exit fees, if it's worth it! I'll probably stick, as the cashback is "confirmed" but not actually paid yet. :rotfl:

In the same position, changed in Sept from EE to Sky, received my £100 Debenhams vouchers within a few days, and now just been paid the £100 cash back from Quidco (yesterday) now may switch to BT :p through Quidco of course :beer: all for the £6 for the cost of the router
  • just tried hard with talk talk to reduce their offer of 16.70 a month bb, landline and eve and wkd calls, but nothing budging. might go with ee as i have a tablet and 3g sim so wouldn't be without internet if it was very dodgy (although only works for me as a deal if i get the amazon voucher).

But - is it best to cancel the talk talk and just get rid of the line and number straight away, or hold on til i get the ee or sky deals from mse, and do it whilst i have an existing line, or 'live' line as it were. I don't absolutely need a line or wifi for a short while as i am not totally dependent on them for internet, phone calls or 'life' :) ... can anyone advise? talk talk were really unshifting else i would have stayed, but their deals are twice as much as the others if you factor in the vouchers - and i get frustrated that even talking about 'new' customers getting better deals than existing customers seems to make no difference. i wondered if just ringing and cancelling might enable some shift. I'm not bothered about staying or going for any other reason than price and 'ease'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback