House insurance for Discharged Bankrupts

2»

Comments

• Very interesting

I'm having to renew my car insurance shortly. Did last year just after going bankrupt with direct line, pay monthly. Don't remember being asked if I was bankrupt(done online). Guess I need to take more care when I renew
  • luvchocolate
    luvchocolate Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Very interesting

I'm having to renew my car insurance shortly. Did last year just after going bankrupt with direct line, pay monthly. Don't remember being asked if I was bankrupt(done online). Guess I need to take more care when I renew

Just make sure you read through all the assumptions,
    I never had a problem with either put always paid for the year
  • joa1210
    joa1210 Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    im just looking at this and checking my policy, the wording is this on mine
    To keep premiums low we do participate in a number of industry initiatives to prevent and
    detect fraud. To help prevent crime we may at any time:
    !!!61559; Approach the DVLA to check all or any relevant driving licence details of anyone named on
    the policy;
    !!!61559; Share information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the
    police;
    !!!61559; Share information about you and any other named drivers on the policy within the AXA
    Group and with other insurers;
    !!!61559; Pass the details you have supplied to recognised centralised insurance industry
    applications, policy and claims checking systems (for example the Motor Insurance AntiFraud
    and Theft Register, CUE, CIFAS and all DVLA databases) where those details will be
    checked and updated.
    !!!61559; Check the details you have supplied with fraud prevention agencies and databases
    including publicly available data (for example on County Court Judgements, bankruptcy
    information and electoral role data). If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud
    is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and
    money laundering;
    !!!61559; Periodically search records held by fraud prevention and credit reference agencies to:
    !!!8226; help make decisions about credit services for you and your Financial Associates
    !!!8226; help make decisions on insurance policies and claims for you and your Financial
    Associates;
    !!!8226; trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your insurance policies
    !!!8226; check your identity to prevent money laundering.
    !!!61559; Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches
    they never asked for my BR history and i was fully credit checked so surely they've accepted the credit check is complete and up to date, my BR is definitely on my credit file
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure