Sainsburys Bank Credit Card

Comments

• JGUK
    JGUK Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Do Sainsburys report account info to all three of the CRAs?

They only seem to have appeared on Experian so far.
    Thanks
    JG
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    JGUK wrote: »
    Do Sainsburys report account info to all three of the CRAs?

They only seem to have appeared on Experian so far.

My Sainsbury Gold Mastercard shows on my monthly Noddle credit report. It is one of the older cards though, circa 10 years old.
  • JGUK
    Doesn't show on Equifax (Clearscore) or Experian/CreditExpert (MSE Club)?
    Thanks
    JG
  • virgo17
    virgo17 Posts: 955 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2018 at 5:33PM
    JGUK wrote: »
    Doesn't show on Equifax (Clearscore) or Experian/CreditExpert (MSE Club)?

It did show on an Experian (one off) report but that was in 2013. I don't have an old copy of an Equifax report I'm afraid.

As I said, it's an old card and might even still be managed by LBG. I think the newer Sainsbury cards are different, possibly Sainsbury and BOS, but not totally sure.
  • JGUK
    Hey bro yeah that is one of their older credit cards, thank you though!

Will wait to see if anyone else has one of the newer ones and if they have access to their credit files.
    Thanks
    JG
  • virgo17 wrote: »
    It did show on an Experian (one off) report but that was in 2013. I don't have an old copy of an Equifax report I'm afraid.

As I said, it's an old card and might even still be managed by LBG. I think the newer Sainsbury cards are different, possibly Sainsbury and BOS, but not totally sure.

BoS is part of LBG.
  • richy4
    richy4 Posts: 146 Forumite
    2 quick questions about this card if I may:

1. Do you have to be a Sainsbury's nectar card member to get it? Or will I have to sign up and become one?

2. Is the 0% period actually for 31 months of purchases? I've heard a few stories on here of 0% deals with other lenders like MBNA not actually providing the stated length of the 0% and instead only offering 0% on the first 3 months of purchases for example :mad:
  • JGUK
    1. I entered my Nectar number - I think some of the deals have to have one supplied

2. I think Sainsburys are basically you get what they offer deal wise - normal APR is subject to change though I think.
    Thanks
    JG
  • JGUK
    How long did everyone else's Sainsbury's cards take to load onto their various credit reports?

As stated above its appeared on Experian pretty quickly but is absent on Equifax and CallCredit.
    Thanks
    JG
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The CRA's talk to each other so having appeared on one it will then show on others. Mine appears on all three. As has been said, everything is on the paper statement, and everything else like website portal etc is very rudimentary. I guess that's why there isn't a paperless option. Spending is the full length of the promo period - it tends to be BT cards that also only have a short 0% spending, this is a so called "all-rounder".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure