Reclaimed packaged Bank Account Charges

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    nelly08 wrote: »
    so i cant claim anything back? i followed the advice on mse re package current accounts which said they could be claimed back. not sure what to do now.

There is nothing in the PBA guide that mentions plevin. And PBAs are very different to PPI.

What is it that you are trying to complain about? It sounds like you are mixing several different things up.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • the monthly package fees on the account i was forced to take to get an overdraft.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Then you make a complaint about packaged bank account fees, not PPI, and not Plevin.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • is there a tool to help with that on mse?
  • nelly08 wrote: »
    is there a tool to help with that on mse?
    Just complain direct, but miss out any references to Plevin or PPI.
  • I filled in the form online last night and already this morning Halifax have sent me two txts saying they have received my complaint and will ring me, they've also rang me twice, do I need to speak to them about this, I read somewhere that I shouldn't speak to them.

Can anyone advise me on this please.

Thanks,
    Wendy.
    £2 coin savers club = £118
    20p saver club = £275.80 :T yippeeeee
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You need to speak to them if you want your complaint to be investigated.

They can't help you if you refuse to provide the information they need.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I read somewhere that I shouldn't speak to them.

If they have found no areas of wrongdoing and are ringing you to ask questions to see if there is information you may have to help your case, then not speaking to them would be daft.

Anyone that has told you not to speak to them does not know how the complaints process works.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Thank you both for the fast reply, I've rang then back but my case worker is busy, they area ringing me back later.

Wendy x
    £2 coin savers club = £118
    20p saver club = £275.80 :T yippeeeee
  • I would check your breakdown cover, my cover was worthless when I tried to use it and had to pay privately to get my car recovered after it broke down. I now pay a small monthly to a breakdown scheme independantly
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback