PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You know, monnagran, I have a friend exactly like that. She eats so little I could eat it in one mouthful yet she is still a 20.

I think I look like a mummy beluga whale as I emerge from the lake at the moment. However, back to the bome tomorrow, leaving son here to do some writing...and probably drinking good wine....
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,599 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All.

I am back after 10 days holiday in Devon and have to fess up to joining the ranks of gainers. We were very active - 2 days cycling, surfing and body boarding, riding, walking - but we were with another family and there were a couple of meals out and a bit of booze and crisps of an evening.

This morning I was +6lbs since the start of the challenge :( Hopefully some of it won't stay long.

I am going to have to think of a new exercise plan as we did a very challenging 12 mile walk from Clovelly to Westward Ho! along the South West Coast Path and I was hobbling by the end as my foot was hurting so much. My Plantar Fasciitis may have healed enough for normal life but this was a step too far - 33,000 of them in fact. I am not going to be running again any time soon :(
    They have closed the local pool and the one in town is going this winter so I am going to have to choose something else. I am going to keep up with the riding but I ca't afford to do that often enough to count as a fitness plan!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Artytarty … 0/14
    Carmen … 14.3/22 :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):A
    CathA … 1/3 :)
    CloughiesBrewerArmy … 5.5/6 :):):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 0.6/4 ;)
    Doveling … +1/9 :(
    Florence J … 3/10 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … +4.6/13 :(:(:(:(:p
    GDB2222 … 6.54/28.6 :):):):):):);)
    Gresleyrover … 4.4/4 :):):):D:A
    Karcher … +2/7 :(:(
    Knit Witch … 0/10
    Lynnejk … 3/8 :):):)
    MallyGirl … +6/6 :(:(:(:(:(:(
    Monnagran … 3/7 :):):)
    Pinknsparkly … 0/5
    RicardaRacoon … 2/9 :):)
    SezzaF … +2/7 :(:(
    Short_bird … 4.75/10 :):):):);):A
    SIRENS … 2/8 :):)
    Tea Lady … 4/14 :):):):)
    Tessie bear … +1/11 :(
    TiredTrophy … 0/13
    Weewdy … 15/10 :):):):):):):):):):D:T:T:T:T:T
    Zafiro1984 … 6.75/14 :):):):):):);):A

4 st 3.24 lb :j:j:j:j :):):):A
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Morning All.

I am back after 10 days holiday in Devon and have to fess up to joining the ranks of gainers. We were very active - 2 days cycling, surfing and body boarding, riding, walking - but we were with another family and there were a couple of meals out and a bit of booze and crisps of an evening.

This morning I was +6lbs since the start of the challenge :( Hopefully some of it won't stay long.

I am going to have to think of a new exercise plan as we did a very challenging 12 mile walk from Clovelly to Westward Ho! along the South West Coast Path and I was hobbling by the end as my foot was hurting so much. My Plantar Fasciitis may have healed enough for normal life but this was a step too far - 33,000 of them in fact. I am not going to be running again any time soon :(
    They have closed the local pool and the one in town is going this winter so I am going to have to choose something else. I am going to keep up with the riding but I ca't afford to do that often enough to count as a fitness plan!

Sorry about the pain and the gain!

Could you cycle?
    Must use my stash up!
  • MallyGirl
    Thanks - cycling seemed OK apart from the dismount. I just need to break out the bike, pump up the tires and think of somewhere to go. So often, if I have a free moment, it gets used walking the dogs or doing chores so I need to make an effort for 'me time'
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It's bad that the pools are closing -children need to learn to swim for their safety and swimming is such good exercise.
  • MallyGirl
    It's bad that the pools are closing -children need to learn to swim for their safety and swimming is such good exercise.

yes - I was part of the campaign to save the local Victorian baths but the council said they needed too much work to maintain. The big one in town is being refurbed but it will take 2 years. They are erecting a 'pop up' pool as a temporary replacement but it is on the far side of town which is either a very hairy cycle or a drive that can take 25+ mins due to very heavy traffic. I am a parent governor at DD's school and we will be hiring out their pool to the local primaries that used to use the Victorian one. That doesn't help the local residents that used to use it. Cost cutting at the expense of well-being :(
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    welcome back mally hope you had a fun time sorry to hear about your pain and gain....sure the 6 will come off very quick not sure about your foot.....docs visit maybe ??

tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    minus 1 for me please knit witch many thanks xx
    onwards and upwards
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've knackered my back, probably on the crowded train!

B. Coffee, painkillers
    L. Tomato and mozzarella salad, painkillers
    D. Whatever i can reach in the freezer and painkillers

Got some stretches to do and will spend most of the day gently strolling in the rain as sitting is murder.

Hope you all have a much more comfortable day than I will.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure