Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi TonyJP,

We understand this can be frustrating, however if you submit the form again with your issue but limit the amount of characters you input, it should go through. Once you have done that please provide us with your reference number so we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hello. My reference is: WRT135 [#14025004]
  • Thank's for letting me know but just as an idea it may be worth letting your customers know that the 'issue' box is limited to x number of characters. Spent another dozen or so attempts cutting it down so that the form will send....in the end it was a single line that tells you nothing!

My ref is WRT135[#14025342]
    My issues are as follows:
    1: Two new phone upgrades for me and wife around September 2014. Initial billing was wrong....spent hours being passed around everyone in Vodafone until I ran out of energy pursuing it.
    2: Been a customer for 5/6 years and around 3 years ago added wife to my account....except you added her as primary account holder which is not what we requested. I, unfortunately, deal with phone stuff and this caused no end of frustration trying to speak to people. Took 6 months to get this sorted but in doing so I was set up as a 'new' customer so my previous billing history etc has been wiped! How do I pursue issue 1 when I no longer have access to my bills!
    3: In sorting out Issue 2 my online account was messed up...not had access to my account all year! Lost count of the number of 191 and online chat discussions I have had....nobody cares!
    4: November 2015 I had two old phones locked to Vodafone so I decided to give them to my two kids (13 and 11). In store I requested two new lines to be added to my account so usage is restricted and monitored (think it's called Red package). All seemed OK for first couple of months...no alerts and bills were right...couldn't check online however as still didn't have access but was getting bill text alerts. Then I got a bill text alert for £375! :mad: Turns out that they were set up with their own accounts and my 11yo son was making WhatsApp calls over wifi (apparently if wifi drops out momentarily then the call will revert to data usage...didn't know that). As this huge bill was being racked up Vodafone sent the alerts to the 11yo old child....how ridiculous! I complained to store manager in Barkingside and he agreed I was miss-sold and looked to get this refunded. I chased and chased and although he made positive noises and even called me back a couple of times it then went dead.
    5. I work in the City near St Pauls and since around August 2015 I have not had service on my phone at work. This is a known technical issue in the area but all I get are the excuses that it is my phone! Dozens of colleagues have had the same problem on different devices and they too have had all the hassle of dealing with Vodafone. So I am paying £35pm for a phone that I cannot use during work hours!!

So they are my issues. I hope you take ownership of this and resolve.

Thanks
  • Hope this is going in the correct place - first time poster.

This feels like therapy, but I dont want to feel good, I want my phone sorted!

Short version
    -have a samsung s6 locked to vodafone
    -paid £40 to have my phone unlocked would love a refund
    -no one can seem to unlock it
    -tell me what I am being charged for on my account

Long version
    I joined up with Vodafone in march last year and got the samsung S7. All was well until I went abroad for a month. I wanted to put a spanish sim in my phone. But because my phone was locked I had to pay £20 for the network unlock code NUC and wait for the code to be sent out. In the mean time I was paying £3 per day roaming charges. Vodafone were very well aware that I was in spain at the time.

The code came and I diligently followed the instructions, but no joy. The customer services centre 191ran out of things to say from their script and asked me to contact nucresolutions ref Unlock Samsung S6 [#10936617] (making it very clear that I was in spain at the time and needed a resolution pretty quickly). The team did respond, albeit slowly. but they were unable to help. I sent screenshots, and descriptions of my attempts and even step by step experiments that I thought might work. The final response was that it wouldnt work because I needed to be in a UK GSM area. All this effort and frustration I had gone through whilst in spain had been shot down.

I returned to the UK and just got on with my life, until October, when I wanted to go back to Spain. I contacted them before I left. They said that I needed to pay another £20 for a new code - I just paid it. They sent me the same code again!! it didnt work!! I went away and used the £3 per day traveller package.

I did write to vodafone, included all the email correspondence with nucresolutions with my complaint. They responded asking for more information (had they read my letter??) I got busy elsewhere in my life and didnt get round to responding to the letter.

Then they put their charges up more than the RPI and I was offered a get out from their overly expensive, bad customer service contract. I wrote to them and told them I wanted out and could they unlock my phone. They said they'd refund me £40 and send me the PUK code and NUC. Code came - same code as before. No refund. PUK worked fine - now with another provider.

I complained on facebook. contacted pretty quickly. filled out a form ref WRT165 [#13811357]. Went through the same stuff as before. now nothing.

Now that I am free from vodafone, I am unable to log in to my web account to see what the last charges are for on my account. (contract amount was supposed to be £25 per month) June was £46 and July was £11.45.

Summary
    Please unlock my phone by either
    --the NUC team contact me by phone and resolving it
    --swapping my phone with a network free handset.
    refund £40 in fees that have been paid for nothing.
    tell me what the final charges are on my account
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi zassimo & TonyJP,

We've received both of your messages and a member of our team will be in touch with both of you as soon as possible.

Hi sound_of_london,

We've sent you an email this morning at 8:06am. Please check your inbox to see what our team have advised.

Thanks,

Nathan

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • eljmayes
    eljmayes Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Started a resolver thing for Vodafone they haven't even acknowledged it and it's already been escalated to the next level once, next level of escalation is ceo in a few days
    They don't typically bother unless they are forced to. Once it's escalated to CEO level someone will at least touch base with you in my experience.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    You think?
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    eljmayes wrote: »
    They don't typically bother unless they are forced to. Once it's escalated to CEO level someone will at least touch base with you in my experience.
    Well that's were it is now, Lets see how this goes
  • Hello!

I have been using Vodafone Mobile services for over 2 years now but I could not believe the level of service I received when wanting my pac code.

My number was under somebody else's name and we called to change this to my name so that I can have full access to the account but I didn't want to stay with that contract and pay that much. so as soon as we called to transfer ownership I wanted to opt out.

On the 21st aug I called to ask for my pac code and was offered an amazing deal so that I wouldn't leave. It was 6GB data unlimited calls n text plus some roaming n mins for £10.80p per month on a monthly rolling contract basis.!

Little did I know she didn't action it or make any note of it. She instead put 250MB ?? And 250 mins ?? And nothing else ... wow.. so when my phone said data is over limit I didn't understand..After only a few days.!

!I called to cancel and spoke to at least 10 different people who couldn't or didn't want to deal with it. I was also promised a call back from an agent and I didn't receive one. Every time i was transferred to someone new they had no notes/the wrong notes so I had to repeat myself over 10 times, giving them my name number and the issue I was having. Just when I thought I had reached the right person who could cancel and get my pac code the lady said I will cancel the monthly rolling contract and revert the account back to what is was before, so this way I can still get my pac code and still be able to use my phone in the mean time... ok... She then deactivated my whole account all together the phone cut out as I was speaking to her... and I couldn't make a call or text or use the Internet to get hold of anyone.. why she did that I will never know.!My phone said emergency calls only.. I wasn't at home, I couldn't get hold of anyone she put me in a very dangerous position.

When I did get home I had to use someone else's phone to call customer care to activate it n get my pac code... what a joke.!

I took the contract out Monday 22nd aug n this all happened sat 27th Aug. I asked what my balance was on the phone they said they couldn't see ur, she said I'd I went into a store they would be able to show me. I went to the store they said they couldn't see it either. I know it's !not even the end because they said I had a zero balance.

I'm very disappointed in your services, could you please look into my bill and assure me I won't get any nasty surprises. I don't want to pay for a contract I didn't agree to and was misinformed about by one of your agents. Also look into the phone call recording to get all the details.

From an online chat with Vodafone informed me it takes 7 to 10 working days to transfer that number to my name.!

It has been 7 days can you assure me that you will remove the previous name and bank details from this number and that my name and details will be on this number instead.

Yours sincerely!

Mercy
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Another customer thinking Vodafone are psychic who obviously hasn't read any of this thread - if you had you wouldn't be at all surprised and would take the constantly repeated step to sort out a problem.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure