Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Options

Comments

• Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I understand that the problems are likely to be considered extraordinary circumstances, but I'm willing to give it a go any way.

An engine failing mid flight?
    Yes, I reckon that'll be considered to be an in flight safety issue lol

I sympathise with the inept customer back up btw.
  • wakemansof8
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Thank you for your replies. My son had the following reply from Easyjet.
    Dear Mr Wakeman

Thank you for your e-mail.

I realise that you are not satisfied with our response.

I understand that you belive that you are entitled for a compensation. As your flight was cancelled due to shortage of crew. However, as per the detailed report from our Disruption Support Team the flight was suspended on the grounds of health and safety measures due to thunderstorms over London Gatwick. And they have termed this disruption as extra ordinary which means compensation cannot be paid in this case. The disruption support team is an expert team who is responsible to analyse the causes and delay and it's on their report basis we determine whether compensation can be paid or not.

As it stays we are regrettably unable to accept your compensation request.

Yours sincerely

Mahesh Nar
    easyJet Customer Services

He is adamant that Easyjet are just wriggling out of paying & wants to take it further. Ive told him not to go via the CAA (as advised from the website) Any ideas how we can pursue this without it costing us lots of money.

Thanks
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    He is adamant that Easyjet are just wriggling out of paying & wants to take it further. Ive told him not to go via the CAA (as advised from the website) Any ideas how we can pursue this without it costing us lots of money.

Thanks

If worried about expenditure see if a no win no fee will take on.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Looking at the departures for that evening there was certainly something affecting the flights so would not be surprised if it was weather related (it is either that or ATC)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66785453&postcount=1258

The fact that so many flights were affected across many different airlines make it difficult to confirm that this is something that can be attributed to Easyjet
  • austin9658
    Options
    Hi, I was delayed in 2010 flying back from sharm el sheikh to Manchester, we were delayed over 3 hours then the flight crew were over their hours so we had to fly to Madrid to collect another crew before we could fly to Manchester, I think in the end it was around 4 and half hours behind schedule. How much comp should I be claiming for per passenger? Is it €300 or €600 and what are my chances of success
    Thanks

First clear by which airline you were flying. According to EU flight compensation regulation, you are only applicable to claim compensation if “An EU flight is where the flight departed from an EU airport, regardless of the airline OR where an EU airline landed at an EU airport. Under this law, EU airports also include those in Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.”
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    austin9658 wrote: »
    First clear by which airline you were flying.

As this is on the easyJet thread I suspect they were on an easyJet flight.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    austin9658 wrote: »
    First clear by which airline you were flying.

Given that poster has posted on the Easyjet thread I think we can assume they were flying with them
  • austin9658
    Options
    111KAB wrote: »
    As this is on the easyJet thread I suspect they were on an easyJet flight.
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    Given that poster has posted on the Easyjet thread I think we can assume they were flying with them

As I have seen in this forum, many poster put their post in the wrong thread that's why I asked about airlines.
  • Kellyleekyle
    Options
    Hi yes I flew with easyjet
  • 111KAB
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi yes I flew with easyjet

As we thought .... so over 4 hours delayed on a journey of 4111km so €600 pp.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback