Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Buffy - hope you're feeling better today.

I loved Logan. Thought it was a great film, but yes very sad at the end.

Emz xx
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    HNY Hope you're feeling better love, off to find Logan now....
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    My tooth hurts.

Am back to work tomorrow and am incredibly sad about it.

That means no time and no choice. So I need to be giving my notice. I have various countdown on my phone - 39 days till half term, 90 till Easter and 199 till the end of the year.

Yes I know I shouldn't waste my life counting down till the holidays but I must know there is an end in sight. This job has been the best so far but the amount of BS going around in general in education, I just do not want to know.

In the mean time I am going to try to change how I work, get in much earlier and leave earlier. And take my head phones in so I can listen to cheerful audio books and not get distracted, thus hopefully getting more done.

XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So when do you need to hand your notice in to finish at the end of the school year?
    How is BIL at the moment xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    So when do you need to hand your notice in to finish at the end of the school year?
    How is BIL at the moment xx

By the 31st of May. I want something new and interesting to do. It is ok there but only because of the people I work with and both the women want babies and my boss wants out. So then......it would be grim!

BIL is doing very well at the moment, cooperating and do physio which is good.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Evening

Today was rubbish if I am honest, terrible headache, new staff seem OK but am not sure, one unsettled me. Really don't do change! Also a colleague was so sexist today it really upset me. Really off comments made to a female teacher, he has done similar to me but I do tell him where to go. She didn't. And it royally !!!!ed me off.

I have an absolute tonne to do. Have the dentist tomorrow tho so not worrying about work.

Mum is very tired. I am very tired, checked my bank and some where I have changed a standing order and nothing makes sense. I have moved 400 pounds from somewhere. Awful feeling I need it for something. But too shattered to think about what.

had to renew my driving licence which was 14 quid (!) but other than that no spending. Will need to buy Guinea pig and rabbit food....This weekend I want to work in the garden...which is at least free!

XXX
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope dentist goes ok & you find your 400 quid.
    Maybe you sent it to me :rotfl:
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • urg123
    urg123 Posts: 1,997 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hate it when you feel others are being treated awfully... sexism in the workplace is so hard. Even when it's become more highlighted, people still feel it is okay to do!
    Hope the £400 mystery resolves itself... you didn't send it to me ;)
    and good luck at the dentist - I know it isn't your favourite place. Sending you lots of 'get it over with quickly' hugs.

urg x x
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Dentist was terrible - don't get me wrong, the dentist herself was lovely, extremely competent, knew how to avoid the horrible choking feeling. But an hour plus in the chair with that rubber thing over your tooth. God it was hell and the subsequent pain is immense.

I fully expected to go back to work. But I was shakey mess leaving the dentist. Came home fit for nothing. Work are probably annoyed. But honestly I wasn't fronting up to work with a half numb face and being in pretty serious pain. They can whistle for it.

Oh and I can't eat yet, I have had a milkshake and am going to attempt a cup of tea.....
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    I had soup as well as tea. In so much pain! Really wish I had the tooth removed now.

took some pain killers. Hopefully will start to feel better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport